SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk me into a 210 Target
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk me into a 210 Target Login/Join 
posted
A local dealer has a Sig P210 target in stock. It looks and feels incredible. I liked the trigger, but did not have it next to a friend's CZ TSO to compare it to.

That being said, I'm having a hard time choosing the Sig over the TSO. The Sig wins the looks department hands down. However the TSO seems to be a more functional pistol that I could actually use for competition. The 210 seems like it would be relegated to a range toy.

I also couldn't reach the mag release of the sig, but I'm hoping there is an extension made by somebody.

My heart is set on the P210, can anyone give reasons to choose it over the TSO? If it helps, I already own a X5 Legion for competition use so main purpose would indeed be a range toy. But flexibility is nice.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Get the TSO.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both great guns, but if your heart is set on the P210A Target, that's what you should buy. The TSO is more versatile but the P210A is a tremendous pistol even if in a relatively narrow lane.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless you compete for a living (and actually make a living), every gun is a range toy.

Relatively speaking, a TSO is not overly “less niche” than a 210.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The P210 is a cool historical gun that is still relevant today, although it being a single stack definitely makes it more past than future. I think it has a spot in collections, but when compared as a stand alone gun against the TSO, it’s not even close, the TSO is such a better gun.

The TSO in 9mm is my favorite gun to shoot that I own. It’s a beast.

So unless you have a tie to the 210’s legacy, the TSO is the way I’d go for sure.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you get a TSO, might as well spring for one that has been massaged by CGW or CZCustom. Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think the CZ everybody was raving about at the time I was looking was the Shadow 2? I looked at it. Fondled one. Not nicking it, but it didn't do anything for me.

The P210A Target, OTOH, I fell in lust with immediately. They were scarce as hen's teeth at the time, but it just so-happened a LGS had two of them in stock. I went. I looked. I fondled. I bought.

I have other nice pistols, but my P210A unquestionably has the best fit, finish, and pure pistol sexiness of them all, hands down. That's why I bought it. No other reason.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how does the trigger compare between the two? Accuracy?

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StefanSalvadore:
A local dealer has a Sig P210 target in stock...

Yeah, that would be where I gave in.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
If you are pretty sure the pistol will be used for competition at some point then get the TSO and if not get the P210A.

I expect both would be extremely accurate but the edge going to the P210A.

Here is American Rifleman range report of P210A with accuracy testing. It is capable of 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards with off the shelf reasonable priced ammo.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...america-p210-pistol/

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I think the CZ everybody was raving about at the time I was looking was the Shadow 2? I looked at it. Fondled one. Not nicking it, but it didn't do anything for me.

I handled both of the same at LGS and had the same opinion. The P210A I tried had significantly better trigger than the CZ Shadow 2 I handled. At some point I will pick up a P210A also.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Hands down the TSO. All day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Mine is the 9mm variety. If you eventually want to shoot major, they are loading for it these days in 9mm. It comes with (3) 20 Rnd mags in the box, together with tools and such.

Mine has the frame mounted finger stop, frame mounted optic mount, RDS optic, and slide racker.

It is an absolute tack driver out to 50. 1.5 Lbs of pure SA trigger joy.

I had the two pistols side by side and the TSO is by far the superior pistol. Especially if you want to compete or mod it down the line.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I think the CZ everybody was raving about at the time I was looking was the Shadow 2? I looked at it. Fondled one. Not nicking it, but it didn't do anything for me...

The question is about the TSO, not the Shadow 2. The Shadow 2, a DA/SA gun, from what I've read has just an average trigger and always needs trigger work from either CZC or CGW to make it respectable. The TSO, a SAO gun, on the other hand, has simply superb trigger out of the box. Some guy on the 1911 forum claims he has 31 big name 1911s, but his TSO's trigger put all of them to shame. And, H&K-Guy just confirmed how fantastic its trigger is.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of competition? If it's USPSA/3-gun style, then the TSO wins hands down. If anything, on better mag capacity.
It's trigger is excellent too (although I like the reset to be a little more positive).

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The question is about the TSO, not the Shadow 2. The Shadow 2, a DA/SA gun, from what I've read has just an average trigger and always needs trigger work from either CZC or CGW to make it respectable. The TSO, a SAO gun, on the other hand, has simply superb trigger out of the box.

Fair enough. Personally, I'd still buy the P210A Target, though.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Competition would not be the primary purpose. Neither gun has ergos that work for me. I shoot the X5 legion because it just fits me better. At most the P210/TSO would be a backup or used for handgun stages at PRS matches (which is rare anymore).

I’m looking at this from a range toy perspective. The advantage that the TSO has of being competitive is not a huge advantage for me because that’s not the primary purpose.

I’m mostly looking for a well built steel frame accurate handgun for target shooting. Not being able to compare them side by side, I’m wondering which has the better trigger and better accuracy?

Thank you for all the suggestions and apologies for not being clear in OP.

posted Hide Post
I went the P210A route.

For pure competition in the here-and-now, the TSO is ready-made and good to go. I like it for that purpose -- it's got all the mount points you need.

But my priorities are a bit different. Competition guns tend to become outdated, with the arrival of the next innovation. But a 50-year-old P210 has never been more valuable than it is today. It does what it was designed to do with high precision, and I expect it to still be going strong into the next century.

Posts: 465 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I think it’s a win-win either way. Both are superb guns and if you are not planning on running and gunning then the P210 would be a fine choice as well. I want a 210 though things keep coming up and it goes back on the backburner. I have the TSO and the feel is amazing as well, with an absolutely insane trigger. Mine is 1.9#, which is borderline almost too light. The TSO is about $400-500 more around my area and for the money you do get a lot more, with extra parts, 3 mags, etc, as it’s set up to compete out of the box (whether you want to or not). Honestly I don’t do any USPSA anymore so I bought it for a range toy. Feels blasphemous to say, like getting a high end STI just to plink around. Look up honest outlaw reviews he has both and has glowing reviews of both on YouTube.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get the TSO.

You have all kinds of crazy beautiful 210 variants so for you to say get the TSO you must really think highly of the CZ huh?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
quote:
Get the TSO.

You have all kinds of crazy beautiful 210 variants so for you to say get the TSO you must really think highly of the CZ huh?

Just the TSO. I'm saying that only because I already know what the P210 feels and shoots like. I never had the TSO, but keep reading how incredible its trigger is, so I really want to get it and determine for myself. For $1700 with free shipping and no fee, I almost pulled the trigger on it a couple days ago, but decided to hold off for now.

Q