SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther P99 AS experiences
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther P99 AS experiences Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to shoot a Walther P99 about a year ago. I started with high expectations, however I was soon a little disappointed.
The reason? I did not feel it shot as well as the P88 (Late 80s, early 90s full-size version).
I didn't feel the trigger was as smooth with the same predictable break. It could be a simple as the P88 just fitting my hand better. To verify, a week later, I took the P88 out (same ammo) and found I shot faster and more accurate than the P99. I attributed it to the trigger.

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
There are a few variations on the P99. The variant I had a question on was the "AS", AntiStress trigger version which is quite different than the standard P99. Thanks for your feddback though Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Mong0:
I had a chance to shoot a Walther P99 about a year ago. I started with high expectations, however I was soon a little disappointed.
The reason? I did not feel it shot as well as the P88 (Late 80s, early 90s full-size version).
I didn't feel the trigger was as smooth with the same predictable break. It could be a simple as the P88 just fitting my hand better. To verify, a week later, I took the P88 out (same ammo) and found I shot faster and more accurate than the P99. I attributed it to the trigger.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
With the AS system you can decock it and throw it in a backpack or a drawer of socks and not worry about it. With a Glock, not so much...

I am afraid I dont follow. Does a glock get up, move about, and attack whilly nilly? Or are you saying that it is dangerous to store a gun with out a holster when it could be flopping around in a bag.

Sorry I was not clear. I feel the Glock system REQUIRES a holster to be safely stored loaded. The Walther P99 AS when de-cocked is as safe as a loaded revolver. You have a greater sense of safety. And it IS safer. That was the point I was attempting to make.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just for the record if either are stored properly a holster will not be necessary. If either are carried or haphazardly stored they should have triggers covered or be unloaded/unchambered. IMO.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
With the AS system you can decock it and throw it in a backpack or a drawer of socks and not worry about it. With a Glock, not so much...

I am afraid I dont follow. Does a glock get up, move about, and attack whilly nilly? Or are you saying that it is dangerous to store a gun with out a holster when it could be flopping around in a bag.

Sorry I was not clear. I feel the Glock system REQUIRES a holster to be safely stored loaded. The Walther P99 AS when de-cocked is as safe as a loaded revolver. You have a greater sense of safety. And it IS safer. That was the point I was attempting to make.

I see, i would strees that should be the case no matter the model ot make of firearm.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post