SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther P99 AS experiences
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther P99 AS experiences Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
I had the chance to use a Walther P99-AS yesterday and was impressed with its abilities. I'm curious as to what other forum members experiences have been with the "Anti-Stress" trigger system on these P99 pistols? Thanks

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC pistol. Great, albeit uncommon, trigger system. (Striker fired DA/SA with decocker).

We have an OLD early full size and an early compact. Both are stellar performers and I would challenge anybody to find a more comfortable pistol.

Accuracy is excellent with ours as has been reliability.

Honestly I really have nothing bad to say about them. The full size has the "titanium" stainless slide and it has scratched up fairly easy but other than that they are wonderful pistols that fall perfectly in that do it all size and weight.

I think you will love it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
One other thing. The anti stress thing is basically long single action trigger pull. I personally have never nor would I really recommend using the pistol in this way. I generally would recommend thinking about it as a traditional double action decocker where you load and full decock and run DA from the start.

The double action is VERY GOOD especially considering this is a striker gun. Reset is amazing.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I'd love to try one someday. it's on my bucket-list of guns to try - but when I was actively looking for one was about the time the PPQ came out and I impulse-bought it instead

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had both like Slinger. Great pistol and scary accurate.
I 2nd using the DA pull on first shot if you carry it. Range use for the light trigger pull. It's a fun pistol at the range and reset is very nice.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Great pistol..never any issues with mine.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have one and I liked the trigger. Walther never really gets the credit they deserve for this gun. It had an ergonomic grip with different inserts long before anyone else.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Great pistol. Basically the DA/SA version of the PPQ. The DA pull is pretty nice. The trigger does pullback even further than the PPQ however before releasing the striker.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have both the P-99AS and the Magnum Research copy with the Walther frame and the MR slide. Mags are interchangeable. Both very accurate and never had a problem with either. Trigger is excellent on both.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the Compact version. Great gun, trigger was great as well. Loved having the ability to "decock" it and carry it with a heavier trigger pull. Wish the magazines were cheaper. It's a pity Walther didn't make the magazines fit all PPQ and P99 models. I ended up getting a magnum research mag for the range.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
IMHO, one of the best 9mm striker guns available.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Very happy with mine. ..no issues.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMHO, one of the best 9mm striker guns available.

This is how I'd sum it up ... maybe even the best !

Posts: 38 | Location: South-Central Pennsylvania | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
With the AS system you can decock it and throw it in a backpack or a drawer of socks and not worry about it. With a Glock, not so much...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
With the AS system you can decock it and throw it in a backpack or a drawer of socks and not worry about it. With a Glock, not so much...

I am afraid I dont follow. Does a glock get up, move about, and attack whilly nilly? Or are you saying that it is dangerous to store a gun with out a holster when it could be flopping around in a bag.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not sure I get why a Glock cannot be left loaded in a drawer. As well I can confirm they can for years on end.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the feedback. I really enjoyed and was impressed with Walter. I was able to acquire P99C AS in 9mm today.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You will love it.

Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
I really like mine, probably the pistol I shoot the best. Much more ergonomic than my glocks, and the trigger is something you have to experience to appreciate.
Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I appreciate all the feedback. I really enjoyed and was impressed with Walter. I was able to acquire P99C AS in 9mm today.

There are plenty of 9mm p99asC out there, but I have been looking for a FS for more than one year but can't find one, not even in the used market. Walther informs me that they are not discontinuing.
Hope you run into one soon.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post