SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 3rd gen success story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 3rd gen success story Login/Join 
posted
I love the 3rd gen Smiths. I recently picked up a CHP model 4006 TSW because I have a ton of good 40 ammo I need to shoot up and we’ll just because. Cool gun, all steel, heavy, completely effective as a backup to the hammer in your toolbox. Anyway, it has 11 round mags which I can’t get shipped here to Maryland. Thanks OMalley, you stupid fuck. However I digress, so the mags went to Florida to be legally recovered at some point. In the mean time I can’t even dry fire this hog because of the mag disconnect. Well, I loves me some YouTube and 5 minutes later that little spring and plastic doodad are gone and gun works as it should.

It was so easy that I did the same to a 3913 and 6906. I didn’t know it was so easy to mod. Berettas are easier but this wasn’t hard.

Didn’t want to start a pro/con on mag disconnects but I hate them and pure ignorance it was made me think they were hard to change.

Pics to follow at some point.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I have a 10 round 4006 mag that you can have. Email me your info.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I thought MD law was you could purchase standard capacity mags out of state and legally bring them in state for personal use with the caveats being you cannot transfer/sell/manufacture them in state.

If this is still the case could you not shoot over to PA, WV or VA to grab some mags?

I AM NOT A LAWYER AND MAY BE WORKING ON OLD INFO SO DONT TAKE WHAT I SAY AS GOSPEL. It might be worth checking into though.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep you are correct. I can legally get them and bring them into state but they can’t be mailed in. Hence they went to my FIL in Florida and eventually I will bring them back.

I will send you my address. Thank you so much.

Pete

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I remember correctly. Was the plunger and spring you had to remove was under the rear sight?

The old 3rd GENs especially, the 3913 were nice pistols.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Loosen Allen screw, drift sight to the right and the first hole is a spring and plastic doodad that you remove. I did 3 3rd gens and one of them had a plate over the holes so you had to remove the rear sight entirely. Still pretty easy. Hate mag safeties.

posted Hide Post
I am considering removing the mag safety on my 4054.
Does removal help the trigger?
My CS9 had a mag safety, too.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The 3rd gens are great guns. I just finished reliability testing on a new CS45. I am now using it full time, both on duty in the Magistrates office and on my part time job in the gunshop.

I just wish I had one of these when I was still working investigations. Light weight, accurate, bet your life reliable and looks good doing all that.

Enjoy that CHP 4006TSW! Fine pistols! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks 18DAI, it is a heavy beast but a beauty. To answer the other question, unlike BHP’s, it makes absolutely no change to the trigger pull.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Not to mention that the ass who sold you the gun took his sweet time shipping the mags Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. It’s all good Dusty. Wife goes back to Florida in December so I will get them then, plus the gentleman above was kind enough to send me a 10 rounder so I can shoot it before then! It’s all coming together.