SIGforum
I joined the exclusive "sent my P365 back" club today!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9540016854

July 06, 2019, 12:17 AM
Tommydogg
I joined the exclusive "sent my P365 back" club today!
I sent my P365 in today. Born on 10/1/18. I have about 250 to 300 rounds thru it and I keep getting lite primer strikes. I've been living in denial thinking it would get better. Different ammo, different days, clean gun... I've been putting it off. I can't carry it if it tends to go click. My trusty 938 Equinox remains as my daily carry.

Beth Greene
July 06, 2019, 02:00 AM
Warhorse
Hope Sig takes care of this for you. Keep us informed please.

July 06, 2019, 03:58 AM
sigarms229
Sorry to hear that. My early production Jan 2018 gun went back for the RTB issue when it was only a few days old. Sig fixed it and here I am 3500rds later and it hasn't skipped a beat.

Sig will get it fixed for you!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
July 06, 2019, 11:36 AM
sg
Unfortunately it's not exclusive.
July 06, 2019, 09:51 PM
Tommydogg
I gave my P938 a very thorough cleaning last night, put 50 rounds through today and cleaned it following. Skipped not beating! I sure hope it comes back good to go!

Beth Greene
July 06, 2019, 10:32 PM
Ripley
Have light primer strikes shown up on all P365 generations? Is there a primary suspect in the cause?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
July 06, 2019, 10:37 PM
sns3guppy
There are no P365 generations, but there has been an occasional issue with the P365 with an improper spring installation (trigger return, I think). Most who had it reported a dead trigger or scratches on the back of the magazine uppper portion, as clues.

There have been some very slight changes in a couple of components, but there are no generations of the P365.
July 06, 2019, 11:14 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
There are no P365 generations, but there has been an occasional issue with the P365 with an improper spring installation (trigger return, I think). Most who had it reported a dead trigger or scratches on the back of the magazine uppper portion, as clues.

There have been some very slight changes in a couple of components, but there are no generations of the P365.

Scratches on the magazine aren't clues to anything other than the spring arm is a little long.
July 07, 2019, 12:17 AM
Ripley
quote:
There are no P365 generations...

I used the term based on the following vid, maybe call them "generations?" as in kind of points of corrections along the way. It seems to be an ongoing process. Tommydogg's P365 should be the latest iteration as I understand it, I wondered if the light strikes had been a consistent problem throughout the gun's run so far.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEbvC58-ps

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
July 08, 2019, 01:44 PM
fnforme
Mine went back twice and this last trip Sig just replaced the entire gun with a new one. My dad is sending his back this week for the same issue you're having.
July 11, 2019, 10:24 PM
Tommydogg
How long do they usually take to return them?

Beth Greene
July 16, 2019, 09:27 PM
Tommydogg
Got it back today, they replaced the recoil spring and striker. They also fired 100 rounds with no issue. I'm out of town after tomorrow, cant test in for a while.

Beth Greene
July 16, 2019, 09:29 PM
RHINOWSO
Nah, this never happens. Only to internet trolls who don't even own the gun. Wink

Sarcasm off. Big Grin

Glad they got it back to you quick, hope it stays fixed.
July 16, 2019, 09:35 PM
featherweight
I had RTB failures after 400 rds replaced my fire control assembly
July 16, 2019, 09:41 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

I used the term based on the following vid, maybe call them "generations?"

It's a youtube video, but there are no generations of the P365.
July 17, 2019, 07:55 AM
T.Webb
It's starting to seem like the more exclusive club is the "Mine still works" Club.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

July 19, 2019, 08:49 PM
Fundman
Nobody is claiming there are official generations. It refers to the guns that were produced after the major changes were implemented such as the redesigned striker.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

I used the term based on the following vid, maybe call them "generations?"

It's a youtube video, but there are no generations of the P365.

July 24, 2019, 06:00 PM
Tommydogg
I put 100 rounds of Remington Range ammo with no issues today! I'll see if I can replicate that a couple more times!

Beth Greene
July 27, 2019, 09:40 PM
jaybirdaccountant
Every time I get ready to buy one, somebody scares me out of it. Smile
August 06, 2019, 11:46 AM
Tommydogg
I put another 100 rounds through it without issue this past weekend! So far, so good!

Beth Greene