SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    W. German P220 and P226 values.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W. German P220 and P226 values. Login/Join 
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted
What is everyone's current, general consensus on the values of early W. German P220 and P226 guns in very good shape. Just the used pistols, not LNIB samples.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
For the best estimate, I'd suggest reviewing completed Gunbroker, or similar online auctions. The ones indicating that the item actually sold will indicate what people were willing to pay.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
$400-600, depending on completeness and wear. I've seen several Herndon or Tysons P220's at local shops for $599. Similar pricing on 226's but have seen them a bit lower and also a bit higher.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Depends on the year and other characteristics. Sometimes the caliber can make it worth three times as much as another one.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$600-$700 around here. $400 would not be "in good shape" let alone "in very good shape".

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Well, I picked up a pretty old P220 today. JK date code on the bottom of the slide. It has the "american" mag release but it's so old the front sight is fixed to the slide (not dovetailed in) and the rear sight is a tad bit smaller than normal but is dovetailed in. Still the Bar and Dot white marks except the rear Bar is narrower than normal and on the front side of the rear sight, instead of a number, it has an "N+" stamped on it.

The pistol is in very good shape, it's been shot a bit as the barrel shows the normal wear. The frame is near mint, the slide is good but does show a tiny bit of wear on top from being carried.

The one original mag is the very early zipper mag and it also came with a couple ACT mags and a nice Desantis hybrid IWB holster.

The trigger is very good, both DA and SA, just like my old (mud rails) P226.

I've never owned a SIG Sauer so old that it didn't have normal dovetail sights. Very Cool.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My 220 has the same style front sight

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post