SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'd settle for an SAO P-229R.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 Legion in 10mm

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manac:
I'll make it hard.
SA/DA P938 SAS
All stainless, all black.

This one for me.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Ooh baby baby, a blank slate...

Get the DA/SA action miraculously stuffed into a P210 HD style frame, then have it blessed with some of that Robert Burke magic. I'd be one happy camper if it were configured with a relaxed, Glock-like grip angle (what else of course), aggressive checkering on the slide instead of serrations (see the custom CZ on the cover of the July/Aug '17 issue of American Handgunner), Nills Rhomlas texture grips except not walnut but in a Padauk burlwood, 24LPI checkered front strap, proper dovetails for maximum iron sight possibilities and options, and a thicker grip for a wider magwell and to allow zigzag stagger for greater mag cap. And all done up for 357SIG.

Yeah, that would be my dream build.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Let's keep it within the scope of currently available features. No design changes beyond parts mix and match.

From the OP.

Guys, please stop with the redesign stuff. This thread is not a wish list of chambering the 938 in 10mm. Please stay within the current parameters.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Take the stupid rail off my 220X6. I will be a happy shooter. Sig is so screwed up they put rails on almost everything! Why? I need one gun with a rail for mounting a light for home protection and I already have it.
I couldn't agree more. It is in fact a feature on the pistols. Many are the customers who express a dislike for the damn rails yet they continue the same. Make and offer 2 different frame styles. Make more stainless frames also.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take the stupid rail off my 220X6. I will be a happy shooter. Sig is so screwed up they put rails on almost everything! Why? I need one gun with a rail for mounting a light for home protection and I already have it.

A milling machine could easily accomplish this task. Follow up with a sanding tool and it would look original. However you might miss the weight at the forward end of the gun.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Let's keep it within the scope of currently available features. No design changes beyond parts mix and match.

From the OP.

Guys, please stop with the redesign stuff. This thread is not a wish list of chambering the 938 in 10mm. Please stay within the current parameters.

Sorry about that.

With the stated parameters in mind there's not much special that I'd truly lust after. Rail or no rail; doesn't matter. Steel frame? Nice 'get' but not really required. Aesthetics...no frickin' fugly long extractor, that's it. Finish; as long as the ferric stuff doesn't corrode. SRT? Only if the typical creep is dialed out. Beyond that, just about DA/SA P-SIG with some trigger work would do. And for some guns like my unmodified-action Mk25, even that's not really needed.

Not nearly as fun as my dream unicorn, but that's how the current stuff sits with me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with craigpa (2nd post in this thread). All steel or all stainless steel of the following models: P225 in 9mm, P220 Compact in 9mm and 45.
May not be very imaginative compared to what SIG no offers, but considering these simple wish pistols do not exist, the are actually very exotic making them desirable…to some of us at least!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

From the OP.

Since I cant have my folded slide I'll take a no rail, nitron, short extractor legion spec with no medallion in the G-10 grips. Tru-Glo TFX sights.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
May not be very imaginative compared to what SIG no offers

Well, that's kind of the parameters of the question - DA/SA, from SIG's existing parts bin. There are really only so many places you can go.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love more 5 inch barrel models. Specifically bring back the specs from the P220 Match Elite(a P226 version would be great too), maybe add a match grade barrel, and a Gray Guns trigger.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

From the OP.

No problems. Like I said, Smile

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my p225a1, just wish they would have put more time and effort into product development. I like the squared trigger guard of the older p225, so I would definitely do that.

Basically a p225 with a milled slide so that a 357 version could be possible. Also, either add a round to the magazine, or get a new mag design all together, the p225a1 magazinesthey came o uhht with are kind of stupid.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A standard carbon steel slide P226 9mm with conversion barrels for .30 Luger, 9X21 and .356 TSW
Stock sights, some minor polishing of the contact points to smoothen out the trigger some.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
I couldn't agree more. It is in fact a feature on the pistols. Many are the customers who express a dislike for the damn rails yet they continue the same. Make and offer 2 different frame styles. Make more stainless frames also.

Was able to find one without the rail last year. Couldn't resist after I found out it was a 9mm. There are some still out there...

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
All stainless P229 in 357 Sig, no rail on this one, Jarvis or Barsto fitted barrel, NO MIM, all forged parts, short extractor, and have the frame /slide fitted to where they are smooth as glass in operation. I realize it's a pipe dream, but a nice one.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already own it, 226 Enhanced Elite! Might put the smaller, Legion controls on it, have the Trigger Undercut also. I LOVE the EE's exaggerated Beavertail and E2 Grip!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
P225 - replace hammer strut and hammer spring retainer with short strut, short spring and new retainer. Use 19 lb hammer spring. Install SRT. Polish hammer & sear contact points and polish firing pin safety lever. Use lots of TW25B on internals. Replace bowed trigger return spring with new single-coil unit. Replace stock guide rod with Gray Guns fat super black unit. Upgrade grips to Hogue G10. Replace standard sights with night sights.

Oh, wait - this is an "if you could build" thread. Never mind. I actually did this to my 225 and 220 and 226, but 226 received Gray Guns Intermediate Adjustable Trigger too Smile

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 SAO without rail in 9mm with an additional 40/357 slide/barrels. then have whole thing finished in black T and add some black or black/grey G10 grips.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post