SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build? Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
An all Stainless or Stainless Elite version of the P225A1 9mm and a 9mm P225A1 Match Elite Stainless w/ 5" barrel. If only one then I'll take the Match Elite version.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 compact SAO in 10mm
Or 227 compact in 10mm or 38 super

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Since I'm on a 229 kick lately....

P229 9x19
HD - XR's
E2 grips
X5 undercut
front strap checkering
SRT
standard 1913 rail
All black Nitron.

I actually own something close to this, minus the X5 undercut and 1913 rail on a standard 229R LE model.

I love the 229 Legion, minus the beaver tail, I would prefer none.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Let's talk about features. If you were to take a couple of days and build a P-Series pistol by hand, what features would you include? All steel parts? Barsto Barrels? What would you include in your final product?

Let's keep it within the scope of currently available features. No design changes beyond parts mix and match.

I'd build a 226 real close to Legion specs with steel internals, Trijicon HD XRs, and a Barsto gunsmith fit barrel. I might consider even building a short extractor slide to set it apart from the Legion. Of course, it would have the OpSpec logo on the slide.

You?

229 Legion in .357 Sig, but I wouldnt build it. I'd give it to Bruce Grey to do whatever he liked, and I'd add Trijicon HD's with orange front.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
P229 .357 from mid 90's, with a Robert Burke trigger job.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is something like this possible with off the shelf parts?

Either a long slide 229 or a 226 with a frame cut to accept 228 or 229 magazines?

Just a quick pic of a 226 slide on a 228 frame to show the basic idea.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
I also would like an all stainless P228. However, I would like the slide to be a shortened older P226 stainless slide because it would have the short extractor and full-height cocking serrations. While we're at it I guess I would like to use a shortened P226 stainless frame with no rail because I prefer the feel of the P226 grip over the P229-1 one.

I guess what I want would essentially be a P226 SL that was cut down to P228 dimensions. Am I allowed to do that to build my gun? Smile

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Bring back the P225. The original

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
An all Stainless or Stainless Elite version of the P225A1 9mm and a 9mm P225A1 Match Elite Stainless w/ 5" barrel. If only one then I'll take the Match Elite version.

You smooth-talkin' devil. I want aluminum framed versions and a 4.4" as well.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would build Sigs version of a P30 compact with a Sig TDA action. 12-15 round capacity. Standard P30 slide and barrel would be fine with me. And no finger grooves. HK45c grip and grip angle with better texture. Something similar to the P320 texture.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Railess, all-Stainless DA/SA P220 Carry with a legion-like beaver tail & undercut trigger guard in 38 Super. Sort of like a hopped-up original P225 that's all stainless.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm actually quite content with my P225A1, I think has pretty much has all the features I would have wanted in a single stack alloy framed DA/SA pistol. Between the G-10 grips, the checkered front strap, and the classic style slide it is exactly what I would have asked for.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 10mm
full stainless finished in Nitron
standard barrel length
rail/no tail
short external extractor
Trijicon HD XR sights in orange
SRT trigger

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I have wanted this gun for a few years:

Basically an old style P220 X5 Tactical

5" barrel P220
Nitron finish
Fixed tritium night sights
DA/SA
SRT trigger
Beaver tail frame
Matt black anodized aluminum grips

I would also consider a P227 setup the same way.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Mine would be an all stainless 226, pretty much a stock Stainless Elite. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one in May..

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All Stainless steel 226 with...

-Legion style frame
-Drop in GG Trigger
-F/O front black rear sights.

And purely for looks...
-Black slide
-Matte frame
-front cocking serrations

And for giggles...
-reduced legion beaver tail (it's too damn wide)
-flared magwell Or welded on addition
-standard 226 grips with E2 texture

Supper DREAMY...
-5 Inch slide, cause bigger is better
-adjustable rear sight, cause moving side to side is awesome.

BOOM!

Big heavy and awesome. What do I win?

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
One other thought. It would really, really be nice to see more Nitroned STs - 220s, 226s, Match variants, heck, I'd even love to have a Nitroned 225A1ST. I don't mean two-tones either (although they're certainly popular), but rather pistols with Nitroned slides and Nitroned steel frames.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's talk about features. If you were to take a couple of days and build a P-Series pistol by hand, what features would you include?

You?

I want basically the exact same thing as a P220 Stainless Match Elite, but in a P226.

All Stainless slide and frame. 5in slide/barrel. The adjustable sights, beaver tail, maybe some type of simple mag well.

In 2 versions, SAO and DA/SA.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
quote:
Let's talk about features. If you were to take a couple of days and build a P-Series pistol by hand, what features would you include?

You?

I want basically the exact same thing as a P220 Stainless Match Elite, but in a P226.

All Stainless slide and frame. 5in slide/barrel. The adjustable sights, beaver tail, maybe some type of simple mag well.

In 2 versions, SAO and DA/SA.

They already made them:
The X5 Allround and the X5 L1, if you want no rail.
The X5E Allround and the X5E Classic, if you want rail.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
NO, they did not! The X5 was nowhere near the simple classic 226. Get rid of the adjustable trigger, the dadburn proprietary adjustable sights, the absolutely warped design motifs, the "target pistol from the 'custom' shop" prices, and the oversized beavertail that doesn't do much of anything useful, and THEN you're talking. Throw in DA/SA lockwork and a fixed rear sight and you're on track.

The 220 was good enough for SIG to simply offer a 5" version, and then a fairly simple 5" ST version. Why not the 226? Screw the bling and the pointless "value added" features!