SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gtmtnbiker98:
Easy for me, Legion specs sans the crappy PVD finish. Put the Nitron finish on the Legion and you have a much better setup IMO.

I agree I'd like a Nitron coated gun.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like a P226 X5 All Around with a standard rail,with E2 or wood grips,beaver tail frame and in two-tone or Equinox. Not sure if they exist, but another thing would be to find the extra funds to get it. I would even be happy if Sig did another run of the original Sport models.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The 'mix and match' part certainly narrows it down. I'd love to see a Nitroned P220ST in 357SIG, but I'd also love to see a 220 match or non-X5 226 with a five inch barrel chambered for that cartridge.

Then again, perhaps that's my answer - I'd love to have drastically simplified, defense-oriented Nitroned X5s available. I don't need the bling, and I don't need any target-oriented stuff that doesn't relate directly to making the gun mechanically more accurate (do we absolutely have to have adjustable - and proprietary - rear sights?). I do, however, want the DA/SA lockwork.

The return of the 9mm 220 is, of course, a no brainer (unless and until SIG comes up with the 225A1 match), and an ST version would be a great basis for a couple of neat conversions. A Carry version would be pretty good as well.

Would it be unreasonable to ask for some improvement in existing designs? Better barrel lockup on the 220 Match would be great, and .22s or conversions that actually lock the slide back after the last round in the magazine has been fired, straight from the factory would be outstanding. If SIG were to lose that stupid 'combat sight set up" of theirs (#8 rear, #8 or so front - what could be simpler?), I'd be in a much bigger hurry to buy SIGs - particularly those with night sights.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Gimme a 226 like;

-GG Flat trigger and all the accouterments internally
-black anodized "German" marked Legion-esque railed frame wearing G10 grips in grey/black piranha, but modified to accept their own rear back straps and integral magwell
-SCT slide with short extractor and milled for multiple RDS options, finished in CCR's CPII dusk
-Trijicon HD XR in Yella
-Barsto gunsmith fit 9mm threaded barrel
-20rd magazines
-short stroke decocker (giggity giggity)
-SIGforum / Gray Guns labeled suppressor, Challenge Coin and keychain

.... in a Pelican case. That's the world I want to live in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KHolm,

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like a P226 X5 All Around with a standard rail,with E2 or wood grips,beaver tail frame and in two-tone or Equinox. Not sure if they exist,....

The X-Five Enhanced Allround has standard rail, beavertail frame, black laminated wood grips. It's all natural stainless. All you need to do is have SIG Nitron coat it on the frame, or the slide, and you are set.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me:
All stainless.
P225 sized (or close) single stack 9+1
.357 Sig
Hogue G-10s
SRT.
HD sights.
SAS treatment with rounded trigger guard.
Stippled front strap.
No rail or beaver tail.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-220 SAO with 5" barrel, wide trigger.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like a P226 X5 All Around with a standard rail,with E2 or wood grips,beaver tail frame and in two-tone or Equinox. Not sure if they exist,....

The X-Five Enhanced Allround has standard rail, beavertail frame, black laminated wood grips. It's all natural stainless. All you need to do is have SIG Nitron coat it on the frame, or the slide, and you are set.

SWEET!

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take the stupid rail off my 220X6. I will be a happy shooter. Sig is so screwed up they put rails on almost everything! Why? I need one gun with a rail for mounting a light for home protection and I already have it.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of manac
posted Hide Post
I'll make it hard.
SA/DA P938 SAS
All stainless, all black.

Posts: 18 | Location: NH | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
A Nitron finished 226 9mm Legion DA/SA with a short extractor. Steel internals. No Legion logo on the top of the slide.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Take the stupid rail off my 220X6. I will be a happy shooter. Sig is so screwed up they put rails on almost everything! Why? I need one gun with a rail for mounting a light for home protection and I already have it.

Hey, just buy the X6 L1. Problem solved. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
P220, stainless frame and slide, Ilaflon finish, GGI-pimptastic trigger. Trijicon HD night sights. Standard controls and barrel.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll echo the 226 Legion without finish. I'd also like no serrations anywhere so I could truly customize it and add my own texture/checkering. Oh and a RMR cut.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Stainless P-220
DA/SA
Nitron finished
No rail
Hogue re-checkered grips
Checkered front strap
Factory N/S are fine for me
.38 Super

I have begun wondering if there will come a day, when you will place your order and they will be able to punch the specs into a computer and the machines will spit out any combination you want. Is that too far fetched?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
This may be cheating a bit but it could be done with used parts.226 Legion spec trigger in a non rail frame. Folded slide. All black. Tru glo TFX sights. Very aggressive checkering on the front strap. 18 round mec car magazines. G-10 grips. Did I say all black?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
All Steel 228, rail-less, tail-less, standard trigger, Trijicon HD RX sights, checkered front strap, Nill grips, SRT/AEP, Cera-plate finish all steel parts.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
Sig P239, SAS-style, 9mm
Bobbed hammer
Kyle Defoor plain black sights
Checkered front strap
Black Hogue G10 Piranha grips
Duty action job w/ polished internals
Matte Black finish, something like Ionbond or Hard Hat

Something very much like this, plus the ability to hold two more rounds...

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
229 Legion frame and internals, but with a standard 1913 rail and nitron finish.
Short external extractor slide.
Regular size extended slide catch lever (like the X5 AR).
Trijicon HD XR sights (U-notch).
Match grade barrel.

That's pretty much it for me. Maybe different sights (Defoor or Vickers), but that's for another thread. This setup here would be more than satisfactory to me.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
229 Legion frame and internals, but with a standard 1913 rail and nitron finish.
Short external extractor slide.
Regular size extended slide catch lever (like the X5 AR).
Trijicon HD XR sights (U-notch).
Match grade barrel.

That's pretty much it for me. Maybe different sights (Defoor or Vickers), but that's for another thread. This setup here would be more than satisfactory to me.

This setup for me as well, except for combat finish and definitely different sights (like the Defoor).

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post