SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could build your own SIG DA/SA, what would you build? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
NO, they did not! The X5 was nowhere near the simple classic 226. Get rid of the adjustable trigger, the dadburn proprietary adjustable sights, the absolutely warped design motifs and the "target pistol from the 'custom' shop" prices, and THEN you're talking. Throw in DA/SA lockwork and a fixed rear sight and you're on track.

They trusted the 220 to be good enough to simply offer a 5" version, and then a fairly simple ST version. Why not the 226? Screw the bling and the pointless "value added" features!

Read again what John3200 wants in the specs. He said nothing about "the simple classic 226".
Sure, you don't want the SAO adjustable trigger? Then, get the X5 Competition (no rail) or the X5E Entry (w/ rail). Both have fixed SAO trigger.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Man, the 220 Stainless Match Elite is nothing like the X5. It is one hell of a lot like the simple, classic 220ST.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Man, the 220 Stainless Match Elite is nothing like the X5. It is one hell of a lot like the simple, classic 220ST.

You still don't get it.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The classic P220 ST has no tail.
The P220 MSE has tail.

Take a look at this P226 X5 Allround (which I traded away recently). It has tail which is what John wants in his specs. Do you see any bling in this Allround? It's even cleaner than the P220 MSE, because it has no rail.

And, here is my P220 MSE for reference. I'd say the Allround looks much cleaner, unless you prefer rail.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, if you'd rather have rail on your Allround?

Q

Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Let's talk about features. If you were to take a couple of days and build a P-Series pistol by hand, what features would you include?

You?

I want basically the exact same thing as a P220 Stainless Match Elite, but in a P226.

All Stainless slide and frame. 5in slide/barrel. The adjustable sights, beaver tail, maybe some type of simple mag well.

In 2 versions, SAO and DA/SA.

They already made them:
The X5 Allround and the X5 L1, if you want no rail.
The X5E Allround and the X5E Classic, if you want rail.

A P226 SME would/should cost about $1200. Even if they still made the X5s they were very close to $2000. That's the difference I'm speaking of. If I could have an X5 for $1200 I'd spend the money right now.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a whole lot of folks clamoring for a wider variety of steel-framed P-series guns on this thread. That's something the FBI might call a CLUE, Sig bigwigs! Wink

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
all steel 228 in 357.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 in .357 sig no rail no tail.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Internal Extractor
All Stainless, no finish
Legion Tail, No Rail
Single Stack
Non Adjustable Sights
10mm
4",5",6" barrel versions (like CCO vs Commander vs Govt Longslide but in a P220)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Ok to build more than one?

Heres my off duty, CCW Sig. P245 with a thinner G10 grip. THIN! Like 1911 officers model thin. REALLY REALLY THIN grip frame. 7+1 45ACP and Novak Night Sights. SRT trigger. Melonite or similar slide treatment and a mag base that supports my little finger. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 18DAI:
Ok to build more than one?

Heres my off duty, CCW Sig. P245 with a thinner G10 grip. THIN! Like 1911 officers model thin. REALLY REALLY THIN grip frame. 7+1 45ACP and Novak Night Sights. SRT trigger. Melonite or similar slide treatment and a mag base that supports my little finger. Regards 18DAI[/QUOT

I really like the two P245's I have. That would be nice.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post