SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Copper Colored P220?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copper Colored P220? Login/Join 
posted
I was ordering a SIG P220 police trade in from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore yesterday, and today they called and said they were out of the black, but they had a model with a copper colored slide and frame, that was a more expensive model they would give me for the same price, which is 489.00 free shipping. She could not tell me what it was called. Anybody know of a P220 full size DA/SA model with copper coloring? Thanks.

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily a copper-colored 220, but an FDE Combat, maybe? SIG did do a Burnt Bronze 226, but I'm not sure if they did a Burnt Bronze 220.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Only one I'm aware of that's close to copper in color for both frame and slide is the P220 Emperor, but that's a 5" 10mm and a more recent production model.

Don't recall there ever being a Spartan P220 (another copper-like finished series), but who's to say that SIG didn't do a special run of a copper/bronze finished P220 at some point in the past?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
In addition to those models already mentioned, possibly a P220 Combat (more of a bronze color)?

I'd suggest asking the clerk for the specific model number on the box label, which should ID the gun.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a combat, after checking a lot of web sites today, and based on they said it was a more expensive model. Will know Friday when it arrives, or Saturday at the latest. Thanks for responses.

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post