SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mec-gar high caps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mec-gar high caps Login/Join 
Picture of fullmann
posted
Just won an auction for some 13 round 226/40 mags off funbroker. Price was right so I had to jump. Anyway, I get them home and compare them to the 18 round 226/9 mags.

As near as I can tell.... they are the same mag less different witness holes. Followers are the same, feed lips are the same geometry, both 40 and 9 fit and feed flawlessly through both mags. Capacity is 18/9 And 13/40 regardless which one I use. The +2 base plates also do their job with both calibers.

Not sure if factory SIG mags are the same across calibers, and I'd expect they are not. But this makes me pretty happy that the Mec-gar mags seem to be the same thing. Especially since it seems there is a move away from 40 as of late and the mags seem to be a touch cheaper.

You guys probably already knew this, but I figured I'd share my excitement.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Hi-cap? Those are standard capacity. I was hoping you had found some really hi-cap Sig mags like the 33 rounders you can get for Glocks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
My calipers say that the feed lips on 9mm mags are narrower than .40/357 by about half a millimeter, perhaps just a hair less.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Hi-cap? Those are standard capacity. I was hoping you had found some really hi-cap Sig mags like the 33 rounders you can get for Glocks.

Technically, standard cap is 12 & 15, so 18 and 20 are high cap Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
My calipers say that the feed lips on 9mm mags are narrower than .40/357 by about half a millimeter, perhaps just a hair less.

Just checked the feed lips on mine... they are identical. No measurement as my caliper battery is dead Mad

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are 2 kinds of mags. Normal mags and commie mags.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There are 2 kinds of mags. Normal mags and commie mags.

Three kinds. You forgot Freedom Mags.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Nope, like I said, there are only 2 kinds. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post