SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You need the SRT
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You need the SRT Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
Do you own a P22x series pistol?

You need the SRT.

I put one in my P225 and now that I've spent some range time it's going to happen in the rest.

In fact, I never quite paid mind to how much the reset meant, until now.

It's really, really easy to do yourself. As long as you have basic tools.

You don't need to send it to SIG or a gunsmith to do, unless you have no experience.

I heartily recommend this small modification, the results are well worth it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I remember 8-ish years when everyone wanted them and they were hard to find as a 'kit' to install yourself.

Well worth the search then and now for your DA/SA SIGs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sear Creep on my non SRT P239's is 0.018 inch. Sear Creep on my P229 Elite Stainless is 0.070 inch.

Since there are times when I like to test myself at 50 YARDS it should be rather obvious I prefer the Non SRT trigger, because it is much better for precision shooting. In fact if I want to shoot with a creepy trigger with a short reset all I have to do is get my SA XDM 40 out of the safe and load it up with 16 rounds per magazine. BTW, doing a mag dump with 16 rounds is a heck of a lot more fun than doing it with only 12.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have an Enhanced Elite P226 coming next week, it’s got the SRT and I’m excited to shoot it. I ordered some hammer springs and a P-SAIT from Gray Guns today. Should be a sweet shooter.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Is there an age limit to the pistols on which this can be done?

I have a mid-90's P220, and I am definitely interested in shortening the reset.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Since there are times when I like to test myself at 50 YARDS it should be rather obvious I prefer the Non SRT trigger, because it is much better for precision shooting.

I'll respectfully and vehemently disagree with you on that.

quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Is there an age limit to the pistols on which this can be done?

I have a mid-90's P220, and I am definitely interested in shortening the reset.

No, not that I am aware of. In fact I used a P220 SRT kit in my P225.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SRT is pretty good, but honestly the QTR is better. I only have one SIG P220 - had the SRT in there (and may other SIG previously), but then I tried the QTR by Gerry Ritacco / Total Automation. Much less creep. It is also installed by http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Do you own a P22x series pistol?

You need the SRT.

May I ask why? I’m not trolling of looking to start interwebz arguments, but what specifically do you like about it? I have handled P-series guns both with and without it and I remain kind of blah about SIGs SRT.

I’m clearly in the minority. Most of the guys I know who have them swear by them. I’ve just never heard them articulate why but for the occasional “it’s faster”. In my experience it ain’t.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glad it is working out for you. I love the triggers as they are on my German SIGs, P220/P226/P228, and will leave them as is. Shorter reset is not that important to me.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I agree. The p-sait in the legion is even better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Is there an age limit to the pistols on which this can be done? I have a mid-90's P220...

Nope. Have them in most of my P220s from 1977 and up. Works with any caliber too (then you'll want aluminum grips & a solid guide rod to go with it).
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
I agree. The p-sait in the legion is even better.

I only have one P220 with the 10mm trigger, and it has a Gray Guns trigger in it. The 8mm short reach trigger can be found, but it isn't the most common part ever made.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No you don’t need it. It is nice though.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrhawk:
May I ask why? I’m not trolling of looking to start interwebz arguments, but what specifically do you like about it? I have handled P-series guns both with and without it and I remain kind of blah about SIGs SRT.

I’m clearly in the minority. Most of the guys I know who have them swear by them. I’ve just never heard them articulate why but for the occasional “it’s faster”. In my experience it ain’t.

Did you actually use the gun with the SRT?

Just "handling" it, isn't going to illuminate the difference.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Glad it is working out for you. I love the triggers as they are on my German SIGs, P220/P226/P228, and will leave them as is. Shorter reset is not that important to me.

Ok...

I don't understand the compulsion to post this sort of thing, honestly. If it's not important to you, why is expressing it?

quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
No you don’t need it. It is nice though.

That's sort of a downer of a thread title, so I went with something with more vim. Sorry to be so controversial.

Hey, guys, I've been shooting Sigs for a long time, and this small, inexpensive, drop in modification was a revelation.

I can tell you why, because I first learned how to shoot defensively with the P228, from the Sig courses where they teach you to cock the hammer as you draw among other things.

For me, the addition of this small change, means the let off on my P225 is now very brief.

I'm not big on modifying carry pistols, or mucking with them much at all. This SRT thing isn't even all that new. But frankly, I can't figure out why it's not just standard.

It actually made me pay attention to the reset in other pistols when I really hadn't thought about it, and wonder why it's so loooong in Sigs.

Trigger pull weight, is trigger pull weight. That's where the bang happens. I'll take a short reset no matter what, if I have a choice.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
I've got the SRT in half the Sigs I own. I personally see it as one of the greatest things Sig ever did for those pistols. I realize that there are many that shoot the standard trigger guns just as well but all the excess movement forward to trigger reset seems wasteful to me. It's certainly not consistent with the "economy of motion" concept. It seems to me that the trigger is right there as the sights come up and its faster for me. It's a shorter reset like the Glocks and almost as good as the Third Gen Smiths IMO.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a S&W 6906. It HAD the sweetest trigger of any gun I owned. But I really didn't like the gun and wished I could dupicate that trigger on my 239. I then discovered the SRT and installed it on that 239 and presto. My 239 is now THE sweetest gun I own.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I shoot revolvers almost as much as autos, so I get no benefit from the SRT.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Huh?

I think he's talking about double action. If a Sig is DAO/DAK then the SRT doesn't do anything.

Arc.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Double action revo=full reset stroke. I am used to it.
Now, 1911s is a different story.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just shot my 229 srt a few days ago. It reminded me, of how much better a trigger it is, then ANY striker fired pistol I've shot.

Posts: 635 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post