SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You need the SRT
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You need the SRT Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My first handgun was a spur hammer West German P220. Good trigger, but long reset. A few years ago, I sold it to my supervisor. He installed an SRT kit in it and was raving about how much better it was. So, we went to the range. He was right, and Arc is right. It was a marked improvement. If I were to get back into Sigs, that's definitely what I would want in them.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
SRT is pretty good, but honestly the QTR is better. I only have one SIG P220 - had the SRT in there (and may other SIG previously), but then I tried the QTR by Gerry Ritacco / Total Automation. Much less creep. It is also installed by http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Is that the only difference between the two, less creep? Is the reset the same? And if you know, does Mr. Burke change the sear when he does the QRT?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
I just shot my 229 srt a few days ago. It reminded me, of how much better a trigger it is, then ANY striker fired pistol I've shot.

Have you tried the P320 yet? It's the best factory striker I've ever pulled. Can't say for aftermarket. But, a lot of things are happening through the pull of that striker, it's kinda apples and oranges anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
SRT is pretty good, but honestly the QTR is better. I only have one SIG P220 - had the SRT in there (and may other SIG previously), but then I tried the QTR by Gerry Ritacco / Total Automation. Much less creep. It is also installed by http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Is that the only difference between the two, less creep? Is the reset the same? And if you know, does Mr. Burke change the sear when he does the QRT?

Is the QTR a drop in like SRT? Or a whole new trigger group? Creep isn't something the SRT does anything for.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Arcwelder76 as you got my curiosity up. I watched video and SRT looks easy enough to install and inexpensive enough to consider, so I am going to try it on one of my P226s.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Thanks Arcwelder76 as you got my curiosity up. I watched video and SRT looks easy enough to install and inexpensive enough to consider, so I am going to try it on one of my P226s.

You won't be disappointed, I promise.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I put an SRT in my old issued P220 non rail. My only issue is that the SRT wasn’t out the eight years I carried it on duty and went to firearms instructor schools. It woulda been great to have for all those rounds. I just think it is a great improvement and wouldn’t own any p series without one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
I just shot my 229 srt a few days ago. It reminded me, of how much better a trigger it is, then ANY striker fired pistol I've shot.

Have you tried the P320 yet? It's the best factory striker I've ever pulled. Can't say for aftermarket. But, a lot of things are happening through the pull of that striker, it's kinda apples and oranges anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Is the QTR a drop in like SRT? Or a whole new trigger group? Creep isn't something the SRT does anything for.
It used to be sold as drop in and only occasionally needed slight fitting, but I bought mine oh 7 years ago so I don't know how it's done now.

IME, it eliminated the creep, shortened reset and overall take up. So after the reset, the trigger moves forward much less compared to SRT.

I'm sure GGI triggers are great too - SRT is nice but after the initial "oooh", I too saw the additional creep compared to the original trigger setup, at QTR avoided all of that and more.

Great thing is there are plenty of quality options out there and in terms of ease of install, SRT is probably the easiest to acquire and install.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember reading several years ago that the SRT kit impacted the effectiveness of the firing pin safety. Is that true, or is my memory wrong?

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I have P-SIGs with and without. For how I typically use my SIG pistols--primarily as target and fun guns--no, I really don't need it. When I do stage a SRT, all of my SIGs so endowed are creepy, grit-marred things. Now if I knew exactly how to reshape the sear to reduce or even eliminate that creep, then yeah, I wouldn't mind it on all of my SIGs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I have P-SIGs with and without. For how I typically use my SIG pistols--primarily as target and fun guns--no, I really don't need it. When I do stage a SRT, all of my SIGs so endowed are creepy, grit-marred things. Now if I knew exactly how to reshape the sear to reduce or even eliminate that creep, then yeah, I wouldn't mind it on all of my SIGs.

Thanks for sharing your experience but not what I was hoping to hear about SRT.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Thanks for sharing your experience but not what I was hoping to hear about SRT.

Yeah, the SRT is known to be like that. My SRT equipped LDC P226 is (was) no different. After a short trip to Robert Burke for the Carry Level Action with the QTR, the thing now is nothing short of phenomenal. I personally would rank Burke's work with the best of the best.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm not experiencing the creep or grit you guys have. Puzzling.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not experiencing the creep or grit you guys have. Puzzling.

Glad to hear that. Smile

posted Hide Post
I don't recommend this, but removing the FPB safety will give you a very short reset without the SRT. CZ USA will make you sign a wavier on their custom guns to remove it, but pre B CZ75s and CZ85 combat, come without the lawyer safeties installed.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
I don't recommend this, but removing the FPB safety will give you a very short reset without the SRT.
I don't think the SIG lockwork is affected by this to the extent the CZ is.

I am somewhat ambivalent about the SRT. Up until a year ago, I was a "flip and press" shooter, releasing the trigger all the way forward each time. The SRT provides no benefit for that style of shooting. During a class I took last spring, the instructor had us focus on riding the reset. If you follow that school, the SRT has an enormous effect.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
quote:
I don't recommend this, but removing the FPB safety will give you a very short reset without the SRT.

I am somewhat ambivalent about the SRT. Up until a year ago, I was a "flip and press" shooter, releasing the trigger all the way forward each time. The SRT provides no benefit for that style of shooting. During a class I took last spring, the instructor had us focus on riding the reset. If you follow that school, the SRT has an enormous effect.

I removed the FPB on a 220, it worked better then the CZs! Smile

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SRT allows me to shoot my Sigs much faster under stress. I never realized the improvement in speed and accuracy they would have for me. Shooting a police qual on paper under time with turning targets really proved it to me.

I suppose thirty percent or more of shooters don't even utilize the trigger reset properly. Ok, maybe a much higher percentage

And my 320 trigger is very similar and just as effective for me.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
The SRT allows me to shoot my Sigs much faster under stress. I never realized the improvement in speed and accuracy they would have for me. Shooting a police qual on paper under time with turning targets really proved it to me.

How much faster and with which Model/caliber/ammo?

Which police qual? I’ve shot every qual I find printed online. No LEO qual I’ve ever seen requires you to be fast.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

With all the hubbub about the P320 drop safety, why is anyone removing an FPB? Hopefully just on range guns, but even still..

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

With all the hubbub about the P320 drop safety, why is anyone removing an FPB? Hopefully just on range guns, but even still..

I put it back in, was just an experiment, but was long before the P320 was around. However, there are lots of pistols sold without drop safeties, for example 70 series 1911s, CZ85. I do like the SRT in 3 of my Sigs, but my P6 is one of my favorite shooters.