SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Speaking of love, what's your love?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of love, what's your love? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nothing says love like half inch bullets. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

P220-10mm. With a good belt holster and belt, I find this remarkably easy to carry. It is also a thrill to shoot. I practice my familiarity with the gun by shooting handloads in local matches. Recovering the brass is the only issue. Our side berms (where the brass goes) have some vegetation, and one is likely to encounter a rattlesnake on occasion.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
My P220 SSE, with some Robert Burke work. Gun still amazes me, and everyone else, when that trigger is pressed.

Coincidentally, purchased from the poster above Big Grin.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My CZ P01 that my wife gave me for Christmas a few years back.
It's with me every day.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
3 1/2" model 27, and a big sack of speed loaders filled with underwood or buffalo bore 158 gr.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Nothing says love like half inch bullets.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
Currently, it’s a S&W Shield 45acp.

Yep. I agree. The Shield .45 is a superstar. Greatly underrated and with surprisingly little recoil.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 in 357 Sig, the gun that can do everything in both urban and woods settings.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
1911s. But K frames are good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
big shocker, but Steyrs are my favorite pistol, hands down. there are not many aftermarket goodies for them. they can be hard to find and they have had some teething problems along the way. i just can't seem to move too far away from them. they just fit me. i have been carrying this marvelous gem for years now. never a problem and i love it more all the time.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after constantly buying and selling and rotating EDC pistols over the years, my west german stainless P230 with Hogue checkered grips is still the favorite, and while I had the M11-A1 love going for a while, the 225-A1 has moved to the #2 spot. I will revisit the M11/P228 only if I can acquire a classic P228.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My 229 Legion in 357.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've been a gun nut for about sixty years now so I've been exposed to a lot of different platforms.

I'd have to say that older S&W revolvers are my main passion. I have posted several times that I think ANY Pistolero worth his salt, needs a few Smith revolvers. Bare minimum a K-22/K-38 a four inch M-19 and one if the longer barreled N frame mags.

I have a deep affection and respect for a well set up 1911. My Wilson CQB full size and my Ed Brown Kobra Karry see quite a bit of use.

One must also enjoy a nice Colt SAA for both it's History as well as it's balance and simple design. Have a early USFA .45 Colt in 5 1/2" with Ivories.

The Classic P series SIG's have a place in my heart as well. That relationship started in the early 80's when I traded into a Browning BDA in .45 acp. I seem to have always had a 226 or a 229 ever since. Carried a .357 sig, 229 for years on the Hwy Patrol. And was fortunate that the Troops gifted me that gun when I retired.

The Classic P series love continues with my X-5 All round that Robert Burke worked on. He fitted Bar-Sto 9mm and .357 sig Match barrels to add to the original .40 S&W chambering.

But lately....There has been some CZ love as well. My Cajun modified CZ 75 has truly impressed me. And I have a Shadow 2 and another Cajun reworked SP01. Plus my EDC/ truck gun is a 75 Compact.

I DO have a roving eye it seems.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am currently in love with my G19 generation 5. I carry it more than any other pistol.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
big shocker, but Steyrs are my favorite pistol, hands down.

I remember really liking the sights, can't think of another triangular iron sight like that. I might pick one up if I saw one today, but they don't pop up too often.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320 for me. With the large grip everything fits my hand very well and I love the trigger. A close second are my DA/SA guns, (Sig legacy P229 and Beretta 92fs), I still really love shooting matches and or courses with these guns. The DA first pull causes me to concentrate and I find myself being more accurate with it and just as fast.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SIG's 226, MK25, and M11-A1 for shooting although their little heavy logging them around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me pretty much any Hk, with the USP series being my favorites. But lately I've been shooting my SIG's in competition and am reminded of just how great the 226/229 is. My 229 extreme was my first pistol, still my favorite, and shoots like a mofo.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a tie between my P228 and my G21 (former duty weapon). They’re like my kids.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post