SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Speaking of love, what's your love?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of love, what's your love? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
1911 .45acp in 3" or 4". Nothing else feels so natural in my hands.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have felt the pull of the Beretta lately and finally got my hands on a 92A1.

I have shot Glocks almost exclusively (aside from 22LR pistols) for several years, so it felt a bit different but it's nice to have a 92 the fold again (had a 92FS Brig in the mid-90s).

Still love the Glocks tho. Haven't shot a SIG in a couple years.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239 in .40S&W. Mags seem hard to find. Going back to Sig for re-hab soon

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16118 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
It changes daily. Glock 19, 1911 commander, M&P 1.0 and 2.0, Sig 226, HK VP9. Can’t make up my mind.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My mid 90's P-220. It just works.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
G19 Gen 4. Stock internals, polished. Tru Glo TFX sights, Talon granulate grip. Unbelievably easy to shoot accurately. I’m better with it than the G34 except out to 25 yards.

I carry a 26 so the transition between the two is easy. I’m content for now. The SAO P229 coming up has me looking though. I want to shoot one before I get one. I keep getting guns that I don’t like as much as my G19.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Sigs. In the last few months, I've bought a W. German P220, German P228, P229 9mm, and SP2022 9mm FDE. I just needed something with hammers for a change...

But...I just can't get away from polymer strikers, particularly the Glock 19. The Gen 5 just makes it that much worse for me. I've also ordered a Gen 5 G34. After 25 years of carrying Glocks, I guess I just need to accept that fact that I truly love the brand because it has always worked and has been there for me on duty.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Currently, it’s a S&W Shield 45acp.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I know most folks have posted practical weapons as their choice. For me, who doesn’t have a job that brings me into harms way and one who is blessed enough to see his guns as a hobby, my choice(s) are different.

I have “weapons” but my favorite guns by far are .....
the HK P7 series - still a remarkable handgun, that honestly might be the best mix of accuracy, reliability, durability, safety and trigger ever built. Yes by today’s standards it’s heavy and low capacity but even today is a hell of an arm. In its day even more so.

My second is a Smith and Wesson Performance Center 681PC. What a fantastic “fighting” revolver. Seven shots, perfect trigger, concealable, shootable etc. etc. Too bad they are worth so much now.

Yeah I dig my HK P2000s as “weapons” and everybody should have a Glock 19 but as far as handgun love goes....those are probably my favorites. The SIG P220 ranks up there too.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Among pistols, what is my love?

I have a few.

The P210-6

The P7M8

The Ed Brown Kobra Carry

The G34

The Colt Python

The S&W M41

Any of these is pure pleasure at the range. If the criteria change to a carry pistol, I can refocus.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27018 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ohh and none of that was posted in any disrespect to those who have posted their practical fighting guns. Hell I am fairly sure I could hand JJones a fairly reliable HIPOINT .45 and he could make it seem pretty desirable.....ok desirable...ish but you get the point. I was just posting from the other side of the gun owning spectrum.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Walther PPQ. I have a 4" M1 and a 5" M2 and they just work for me better than anything else I've tried.

Posts: 212 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I really don't have a lot of experience with different pistols... mainly Ruger P95s and 89's and now I have a few sigs... well actually years ago I carried a Sig p230 with Houge grips and it fit my hand perfectly....

but to get to the point... probably my 'best love' is this one: Sig P226 / Mk-25

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
"What do you feel the pull of?"

Last couple of years I've been playing around (daily carry) with single stack 9s. Then a while back I found a used Gen 3 26 with grip reduction and stippling job that fit my hand perfectly. Been playing around with that for a bit.

But yesterday, I walked into my favorite gun shop and saw another Gen 4 Front Serrations Glock 19 on the shelf - had to buy it (now I've got three of those). I keep coming back to the 19, and I really like the front serrations model.

Put the 26 away, and took out one of my front serrations 19, carrying it now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
One is a Pistol 49 (P210-2) enhanced to a sporter of the 210-6 type. Enhancements are the sport type trigger spring, Hämmerli Hi-Grips, Swiss Army type P220 front sight post, Wyss adjustable rear sights, tuned in trigger weight of 1380g. (48.7 oz). Tested group size with 124gr Geco FMJ is 65mm (2.6 in) at 50m/56yds.
The other is a .177 cal. Steyr LP10 air pistol with custom fit Morini grips, muzzle compensator, Lottes flat trigger, adjusted trigger pull ratio of 2/3 : 1/3. V0 and recoil compensator are in balance. There is no muzzle flip with selected pellets. Group size of 5 pellets at 10m/11 yds is 0.2 in.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Speaking of love, what's your love?

I reckon mine is the M&P 2.0. Shot a BUG gun match yesterday that I rolled up to with a Beretta because I had no idea it was a BUG gun match until I got there. When I realized that it was BUG gun, I just unloaded my carry gun which is a M&P 2.0 compact and shot the match with it. I came in third out of 28 in the compact division (adds an 8 second penalty for not being a true back up gun).

The gun is completely stock and doesn't even have night sights put on it yet. And yeah, I can shoot the crap out of it. Some times I feel the pull of a Glock 19 or 320 compact. Or a Beretta Cent Tac, 2022, or 229. But, I keep coming back to the M&P 2.0 compact. 16 rounds of love.

What do you feel the pull of?

G19 RTF2
P228 with Robert Burke's action work & QTR
CZ75 PCR with CGW's Pro-Package

Since Glock doesn't make the G26x (my ideal concept gun), I've been meaning to get the new M&P9 2.0 Compact 3.6" to see if it might be worthy of joining the trio.

Q

Posts: 26468 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Mine is still my Plain Jane P220R. It always puts a smile on my face Smile

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seabass
posted Hide Post
Of handguns, my Sig P226 Navy, NSW serial numbered. Its one of the original first 2000 that was sold.

Of rifles, my M1 Garands.

Posts: 1139 | Location: CA | Registered: July 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Not sure about any emotional attachment to inanimate things, but the one gun that I utterly trust and puts my mind at ease and in a good place would be a compact Glock. Been using them too long for it to be anything else.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W pre-keyhole N-frame of most any type.

P220.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post