SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Speaking of love, what's your love?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of love, what's your love? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I reckon mine is the M&P 2.0. Shot a BUG gun match yesterday that I rolled up to with a Beretta because I had no idea it was a BUG gun match until I got there. When I realized that it was BUG gun, I just unloaded my carry gun which is a M&P 2.0 compact and shot the match with it. I came in third out of 28 in the compact division (adds an 8 second penalty for not being a true back up gun).

The gun is completely stock and doesn't even have night sights put on it yet. And yeah, I can shoot the crap out of it. Some times I feel the pull of a Glock 19 or 320 compact. Or a Beretta Cent Tac, 2022, or 229. But, I keep coming back to the M&P 2.0 compact. 16 rounds of love.

What do you feel the pull of?

Hijinks from the last stage of yesterday’s match. The bib got me.

https://instagram.com/p/Bi99OF3ng-i/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've been really digging my Gen 5 G19 lately. Everything I loved about my Gen 2 G19, combined with everything I love about the Gen 4 Glocks. Just a fantastic all-around gun. It has become my primary off duty gun, and I'm considering carrying it on duty as well.

But the M&P 2.0 Compact I recently picked up is growing on me more and more, each time I shoot it. I'm going to be teaching several firearms training classes over the summer, and I think I'll bring the M&P and really put it through its paces. It very well might end up giving the G19 a run for its money.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My older P229. I bought it from a member here and it's my favorite.
Carried it all Winter OWB and shot a few PPC matches with it.
I only have 3 pistols for carry and the bulk of the duties goes to the 229.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I bounce from a few different carry/ property guns as well. My P30L or M9A3 and MP9c 2.0 to one of the Glocks 19, 17, 34 17L but I always go back to the G19.

To me the ease of cleaning and disassembly of the Glock just makes it the one I grab.

Of course there is the good old stand by 1911....

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A 4 3/4” SAA or clone. Currently, that’s a Ruger New Vaquero for me, in .357. My brother had an Uberti in .45 years back that had me smitten. There’s just something about the way they feel in the hand. It tickles a nerve no other handgun seems to, at least for me. I own Glocks and like them, have a nice 1911, a Python, had a beater Smith 10 with a buttery trigger, and went through a number of SIG pistols, but none of those called to my hand the way a “civilian” or “gunfighter” SAA type does.

I’m not sure if you were asking about modern pistols or not, but since you didn’t specify, I had to answer honestly. Smile

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’m a bigamist, I can’t lie! I’m a flawed pistol patron. Confession is now over Smile

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnnyringo8769
posted Hide Post
well if i could only have one...it would have to be my very early P229....i am down to three right now...i will sell everything if i needed too...but the 229 will stay till the end...the best feeling gun in my hands ...God Bless,John

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. Our Military
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

The Republic will cease to exist when the government takes away from those who are willing to work to give to those who are not.
Unknown....

"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.' " (Jer. 6:16)

Posts: 106 | Location: Jamestown NY 14701 | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a PPQ 5" (and then another) and this thing is unbelievably accurate.
This is not the Q5 with the cut slide, just the regular 5" long slide.
I am in love with the trigger. If there is a better striker fired trigger on the market, i have not pulled it.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
S&W 4566. Everytime I think another 45 will do, I wind up back with the 4566. Just the perfect do everything well 45, for me. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I've become a crazy fan of the M&P 2.0 Compact also. Took it to the ranch a week or so ago and shot multiple steel reaction targets. We used a shot timer for some added pressure. What a smooth transiton it allows.

I've added the APEX trigger kit and while it was great out of the box, I do like the action of the APEX enhancement even more.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
I bought a PPQ 5" (and then another) and this thing is unbelievably accurate.
This is not the Q5 with the cut slide, just the regular 5" long slide.
I am in love with the trigger. If there is a better striker fired trigger on the market, i have not pulled it.

Mine as well, love that gun.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
my steyr M357-A1

I'll sell everything else I own before I let that go.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCW Glock 19 Gen 3, tons of rounds on it. STI 2011 Edge 9mm, comp gun for pistol stages in bolt rifle/team matches.

I've handled a few CZ P10C's recently, feels good in hand, stock trigger is very good, aggressive grip texture..... Good friend bought one, look forward to shooting it.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig M11A1. Ever since I got it last year I seem to be doing something with it constantly. If we aren't at the range I'm cleaning it or checking something on it, fondling it, etc. Just this morning I had it out so I could make some comparisons with my G19. Just really like it.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If my world goes sideways in a hurry, I'll probably grab whatever Glock is close to hand because they just work. And I don't mind if I lose it to an evidence locker.
For anything else, I like a Gov't 1911 with the modern conveniences (rail, tail, Novaks, G10 and a magwell). My go to has been a SA MC Operator for about a decade.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
my steyr M357-A1

I'll sell everything else I own before I let that go.

I have one of those too and like you, it's never going anywhere. I guess my main love(s) are my HK P2000s and P2000sks in .357SIG. Those aren't going anywhere either. Serious honorable mention to my Beretta Cougar 8357. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badhammer:
Sig M11A1. Ever since I got it last year I seem to be doing something with it constantly. If we aren't at the range I'm cleaning it or checking something on it, fondling it, etc. Just this morning I had it out so I could make some comparisons with my G19. Just really like it.

Same here. I had a two tone P228 that was my carry weapon for about 10 years. It was my last gun I sold to help with dads medical bills. About 3 years ago, I picked up a NIB M11-A1. It’s been my daily carry since. I keep trying to replace it because it’s a tank to carry IWB, but I keep strapping it on every morning. P365, P320SC, Sig 1911 Ultra in 9mm, none have replaced it. I love it that much.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P938 is my true love, but DW ECO is my mistress.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Honestly, my 2010 DW SS VBOB..

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Kind of a tie.. Original P225, Gen 5 Glock 34, or my WC tuned Beretta Vertec.

Love them. The glocks may be just generic glocks, but I just enjoy it every time I take them to the range. The Beretta is just a laser beam, if it wasn't so big I would carry it everywhere and probably own nothing else.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post