SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wax bullet dueling pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wax bullet dueling pistols Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Forgotten Weapons is a Full30.com channel that covers antiquarian and modern firearms that have gone the way of the dodo.

Today's video was about a set of 1905 French wax bullet dueling pistols.

I think we need to bring these back.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Damn I want those!!!

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, I poured some wax .429 bullets I use for shooting in the house. Now to find someone to join me with their 629 at 20 meters.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I'd probably buy that.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Used wax .44 special loads for quick draw.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
Hmmmm, I poured some wax .429 bullets I use for shooting in the house. Now to find someone to join me with their 629 at 20 meters.

I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but there's no way in hell I'd do that with a real functional firearm.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I used this wax decades ago to train my boys on trigger control.
Easy to make,use a mag primer in a worked up case,press in a block of parifen wax in the open end.
Wax is about 1/2 inch and is accurate out to twenty or so feet.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You know, the wax bullets are very cool, and the dueling pistols, but you can do exactly this kind of thing-- have a non-injurious duel-- with paint ball guns and masks.

By the way, I was once hit by several frozen paintballs-- strictly against the rules of the site-- and I can vouch that frozen wax bullets would be really nasty.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks for posting.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot them in a 38 in my mother's basement years ago when I was about 16. Drilled out the 38 case and used a standard primer. anyone thinking that they are harmless is in for a shock. I put six rounds through a wooden door after they poenitrated the backstop I had set up.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post