SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 VTAC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 VTAC Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing

Semper Fi

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Normal P320 mags don't work in the VTAC?

Normal mags don't work in the X-5 grip module, which includes all 3 new models (X5, X-VTAC, X-Carry).

To be clear, it is tough to define "normal P320 mags" because if you go buy a new mag right now, unless it's been sitting on the shelf for a while, it will actually work. As usual Sig updated the baseplates without changing the model number of the mag.

- See here for my post with pics of the changes to the 21rd mag.
- Somebody else posted a thread with pics on the changes to the 17rd mags, but i can't find it.
- See here for a recent thread with pics of the changes in the original P250 mag before they changed grip modules.

Lots of variations floating around. I wish they would tag them with a generation or something, but I believe the bodies have stayed the same and it's just the baseplates changing slightly over time. The newest changes have been backwards compatible, but I'm not sure about that old change from the original P250 plate.

Didn't know that. Thanks!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Just tried my spare full-size 17 round 9mm P320 mags in my newly acquired P320 VTAC and they work with no issues.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Normal mags don't work in the X-5 grip module, which includes all 3 new models (X5, X-VTAC, X-Carry).

This is not correct. The P320 X5 with the magwell attached only works with 21rd mags OR modified fullsize mags (side tabs cut off).

The P320 X-Carry, VTAC and X5 without the magazine well work fine with regular P320/P250 Fullsize mags.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
The P320 X-Carry, VTAC and X5 without the magazine well work fine with regular P320/P250 Fullsize mags.

No, they do not. Thr VTAC works only with the NEW style 17 round magazines as well as the new X5 magazines. The new style floorplate with the square tab is needed.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:

No, they do not. Thr VTAC works only with the NEW style 17 round magazines as well as the new X5 magazines. The new style floorplate with the square tab is needed.

I believe the new design are what I have.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Way to make it all confusing, Sig.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good reasons to stick with my Tacops. Handled an X5 and a VTAC. They were nice but not that nice.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I have the newer style 17rd magazines even though I bought them used as they work with my x5 without the magwell.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I picked up a used 320 VTAC this weekend very much an impulse buy. Had some trading foder and thought this one looked interesting and different, so brought it home after the mandatory, highly effective IL waiting period.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! I really like my X=VTAC although I find I have to pay particular attention to the sights to shoot it well.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Thanks, can't wait to get it to the range!

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While you may argue the X-VTAC is the least practical of the X-series pistols, I think it is the most visually stunning of the line with the distinctive slide excavations, the striations on the top of the slide and the really cool color of the slide. I like the burnt bronze slide better than the coyote of my new X-Carry. It's a really nice shooter too.

Be sure to post your shooting impressions.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post