SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Standard Time (Ruger)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standard Time (Ruger) Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
My new to me Standard. I wish the box was included but I'm not too disappointed. Really nice trigger.

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Wonderful looking Nambu err I mean Ruger you got there. Classic pistol that just feels nice in the hands.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Nice clean Mark I! Did you look up the year on rugers web site? I sure enjoy shooting 22 pistols. Now that 22RF ammo is around again got to get some of mine out.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There have certainly been autoloading 22 pistols that were more accurate (Pardinis and Feinwerkbaus and S&W 41s), and there have been some that were more finely crafted (Colt's 1st series Woodsman, Walther's PP) but for an "everyman's" workaday gun that needed to be utterly reliable, affordable, rugged as the day is long, and as accurate as most folks would ever need there was no better combination of those features than the Ruger Standard Auto. Beautiful, accessible, shootable, and will outlive your grandkids' grandkids. Great score!

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Nice clean Mark I! Did you look up the year on rugers web site? I sure enjoy shooting 22 pistols. Now that 22RF ammo is around again got to get some of mine out.

No Mark I in that pic; that's a Standard. It's a small point, but an important one. Not all pre-MKIIs are MKIs. Ruger made Standard Autos and MKIs concurrently.

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ 1963. Looks way better for its age than me.

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Mark I in that pic; that's a Standard. It's a small point, but an important one. Not all pre-MKIIs are MKIs.
Did not know that thanks.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
No Mark I in that pic; that's a Standard. It's a small point, but an important one. Not all pre-MKIIs are MKIs. Ruger made Standard Autos and MKIs concurrently.

How can you tell the difference?

I have an oldie floating around here somewhere.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:

How can you tell the difference?

I have an oldie floating around here somewhere.

I think the MK1's are actually marked Mark 1 on the side,,

but it has been a while since I sold off the one I had, so going from memory (which may be faulty)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
In wiki we trust right? Well it seems every video just quotes it verbatim. I am happy to have an example of Bill's original design in 4.75 inches. MK1s are bigger. Very interesting history that Ruger would not cash the check until the pistol shipped.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Standard

MK I Target (1950-1981) Edit
Introduced in 1950, the MK I Target model was basically the same as the Standard pistol, except that it boasted a 6.875-inch (17.46 cm) barrel, adjustable target style trigger, a “Micro” adjustable rear sight, and a front sight blade undercut to reduce glare.[2] In 1952 a 5.25-inch (13.3 cm) barreled version of the MK I Target was added to the lineup, but manufactured only through 1957, making it a collectible rarity today.[2] A 5.5-inch (14 cm) heavy bull barreled version of the MK I Target became available in 1963, eventually becoming the most popular length for Ruger Target MK pistols.[2] Like their Standard model brethren, target models underwent the A 100 grip frame redesign in 1971.[2]