SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    There's just something about loading a single-action revolver.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There's just something about loading a single-action revolver. Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I wonder if it a similar feeling to that of loading a side gate lever action carbine rifle?

Loading a lever action is nowhere near as satisfying as a SA revolver (although I do find it easier in the larger bores than the smaller ones). Shooting one, however, and cleaning a 6" plate rack at speed while you jack shells in and out of the action with a lightweight, superbly balanced carbine made of walnut and blued steel...that's just pure bliss right there Big Grin.

No sproingy, mushy action of a semi-auto, no clunky bolt-action to operate and mess up your sight-picture...just good honest recoil and an action that you can work at speed while keeping the gun shouldered and maintaining your sight picture. It's a beautiful thing. Don't get me wrong...I own and enjoy the other stuff, too, but there's something special about a lever-action.

quote:
There is something very satisfying about opening a Schofield and having all the empty brass pop out.

I've never had the opportunity to shoot one of those, but I can see the appeal!

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post