SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up another no lock smith 442. Grips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up another no lock smith 442. Grips? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I've got a few with the boot grips, one with vz grips. Show me some pretty grips for this inbound 442 or 642, please.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Screw pretty. CT grips or go home on a snubby last ditch “belly Gun”.

That being said Eagle Secret Service if you must.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I have a set of these on my 351c, and they are gorgeous:
http://www.craigspegel.com/

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ve always liked the older factory wood grips used with a Tyler T-Grip grip adapter.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Screw pretty. CT grips or go home on a snubby last ditch “belly Gun”.

That being said Eagle Secret Service if you must.

I am with slinger. It's an Airweight. It doesn't deserve pretty. Put pretty on your steel frames. CT on your Airweight.

However, if you must I do like that T-Grip addition as arfmel mentioned.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Single piece Hogue are what I've gone to on my 442 and 340.

No more grip screws rusting.

Easy Peasy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine wears an Altamont basketweave pattern in rosewood. Came from the Smith custom shop 2-3 years ago.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my 642s wears Spegel boot grips. For me, they're the best grips for snubby J-frames. Compact, but hand-filling, gives good control even with +P ammo. Spegels can be hard to find, and ordering them new can take a year or more to delivery. Eagle Secret Service grips are a good alternative.

For pretty grips, check out some of the options from Altamont.

My other 642 wears a set of PGS Hideout grips. I have the smooth, non-finger-groove version. A good grip. Hard plastic. Compact. Size is somewhere between a set of magnas and a set of magnas with a Tyler-T grip adapter. Costs about $20 from Brownells. The only downside is that they're not cleared for speedloaders. I filed/sanded mine down to clear speedloaders.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a beautiful set of checkered Eagle's secret service Ebony wood grips for my pre lock S&W 638. They looked fantastic, felt great in the hand, but my hand slipped all around when shooting. Sold them, and went back to Uncle Mike's rubber boot grips that came on the gun new. They are not pretty, but my hand sticks to them, allowing me to have full control under fire.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Altamontco.com
Super Walnut Panel type, pretty but not good for gripping.

S&W 63-5, Sig P365

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I'll second (or third) the Spegel grips. Have had a couple of his boot grips for different snubbies. Great grips, I sold my last pair off though - went with a laser grip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried a dozen pairs on our 642 before i settled on these from houge

https://www.hogueinc.com/j-fra...ger-groove-checkered

crap those above are the 2 finger. We settled on the 3 finger.

https://www.hogueinc.com/j-fra...t-rosewood-checkered

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
If you want functional, for shooting, the Hogue Bantam rubber grips are rock solid.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
For looking I like "Exotic Grips by Esmeralda", some really beautiful woods and grains to choose from at a pretty reasonable price.
You can view the exact set of grips you will receive on the web site.
I've owned several sets and they have fit perfectly but have ended up selling them all and stick with black Hogue G-10 piranha's.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to slightly disagree with Mustang-PaPa. I have had a set of Esmeralda grips on my daily carry / bug for about 20 years....since before "no lock" was an option. There just wasn't any.

They are pretty, and the best feeling grip I've ever had (although they are kinda beat up at this point). But mine are the celtic design and I find them....just....grippy enough to use but smooth enough to not snag? on clothing like rubber grips do. But in fairness, I've never tried the Hogue G-10. Even thought I've been eying the dark earth pair!

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
For looking I like "Exotic Grips by Esmeralda", some really beautiful woods and grains to choose from at a pretty reasonable price.
You can view the exact set of grips you will receive on the web site.
I've owned several sets and they have fit perfectly but have ended up selling them all and stick with black Hogue G-10 piranha's.

+1 on Esmerald's. I found this set offered by her a couple of years ago and even though I don't carry my Model 640-1, I still had to get them. Another great option is Herrett's.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post