SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365...anybody else have the firing pin break twice like mine??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365...anybody else have the firing pin break twice like mine?? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Nobody can possibly look at the pics of the primer drag and not see there is a problem. A mechanical device can't work that way for long. Clearly there is a significantly large percentage of pistols with a problem to show this is a real concern. If not a general design flaw, maybe a manufacturing problem or a materials issue.

Other sub/micro-compact pistols, such as the G43 and Shield display primer drag. Are they generally flawed too?

That’s total BS sir. I own a Shiled and a G43 (a G42 as well). None of them show any primer drag.

Please stop giving folks bad information. This isn’t even debatable, you’re flat out wrong. You’re now carrying water for Sig and saying the same lies they tried to start in order to defend their flawed gun. They only looked silly when they tried to say this when folks first expressed concern about the obvious primer drag issue on the 365.

Point of fact, in my entire life of shooting, I have never once seen a gun with primer drag as sever as the 365 has. In this area, it is truly in a class by itself.

Yours may not but someone else's may. You cannot attest to lack of 'primer drag' on every GLOCK. I recall seeing a thread here with images of someone's little GLOCK with 'primer drag'.

My early 02/18 production P365 in hundreds of rounds hasn't failed in any manner yet, but a few others report their early and even some late production have failed in various manners. The P365 poll on this site reflected the lesser % who complained of issues.

You don't like the P365, we get it.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
A Youtube video showing the drag on the 365, G43 and shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4qQtGewek

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
A Youtube video showing the drag on the 365, G43 and shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4qQtGewek

He probably won't believe it... Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
az, I wanted to love the 365. I bought one right away and extra mags, holsters, mag carriers...I was all in.

Every single 365 I have seen has massive primer drag all the way out to the edge where the primer meets the case.

I’ve never seen a gun with primer drag this badly.

It’s not debatable.

This is why they’re snapping strikers imo. The primers are soft. The casing is hard. Dragging through the primer as badly as it does is bad enough. But when it smacks into the edge of the casing, I believe this is where abnormal stress occurs and prematurely breaks the striker.

I’ve never seen another gun with this issue. Never.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
az, I wanted to love the 365. I bought one right away and extra mags, holsters, mag carriers...I was all in.

Every single 365 I have seen has massive primer drag all the way out to the edge where the primer meets the case.

I’ve never seen a gun with primer drag this badly.

It’s not debatable.

This is why they’re snapping strikers imo. The primers are soft. The casing is hard. Dragging through the primer as badly as it does is bad enough. But when it smacks into the edge of the casing, I believe this is where abnormal stress occurs and prematurely breaks the striker.

I’ve never seen another gun with this issue. Never.

I won't argue with your thinking in that regard. It's plausible. Maybe dry firing is also an issue, we don't know (I don't dry fire mine and see no reason to). A larger % of people who own the p365 have not experienced the broken striker even with 'primer drag' evidence.

The 'primer drag' doesn't bother me. If the striker fails, SIG can fix it. Or I'll buy an aftermarket replacement. I'm not going to give up on a new platform that many appreciate.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

If the striker fails, SIG can fix it.

Useful, if it fails in the middle of a gunfight.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
My G43 does not exhibit this at all either.

Again, I believe Glock uses a superior striker design. Sig casts theirs, and it wouldn't be tough to change. If there's a patent problem, they could just change it to a v-shaped wedge...would probably work just as well.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I didn't mean to imply all G43s and Shields exhibit primer drag. I meant that some owners of those models have also reported primer drag. I have a G43 w/ primer drag. I searched "Glock 43 primer drag swipe", to see if others are experiencing it too. They are. So are some owners of Shields, LC9S, PM9s, Kel Tecs, etc.

If primer drag is an inherent design or manufacturing flaw, I would like to know if Glock will acknowledge it and warranty it.

Here's the embedded link to the video rscalzo posted. Skip to 8:50 to see the spent casings w/ each pistol.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wow... You guys are taking this way too personal.

Maybe some Glocks do it. Mine doesnt. And I haven't heard of any credible reports of strikers failing in G43s.

There are enough reports of this that it's a real issue. Not a global condemnation of Sig, they still make great pistols, it just seems this one has a problem. Ignoring it isnt the solution. I don't really have a dog in the fight, do what you will.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Yours may not but someone else's may. You cannot attest to lack of 'primer drag' on every GLOCK. I recall seeing a thread here with images of someone's little GLOCK with 'primer drag'.

My early 02/18 production P365 in hundreds of rounds hasn't failed in any manner yet, but a few others report their early and even some late production have failed in various manners. The P365 poll on this site reflected the lesser % who complained of issues.

You don't like the P365, we get it.

But pretty much every P365 has primer drag.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say to those that cannot deal with those funny marks on their spent casings, don't but a tiny semi auto or pick up a snubbie.
The rest of us will continue to shoot our P365’s until our finger hurts.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Guys, there’s primer drag and then there’s primer drag.

The drag shown form the Glock and Shield in that video is nothing like what the 365 does. Using that video of the 365 primer drag as evidence it is fine is like saying a guy who fell out of a plane didn’t die from the fall, then showing a video of a guy falling off a bucket as evidence falls don’t kill.

The 365 drag is massive! Showing mild drag on some other guns is not relevant (still my guns have no drag marks like in that video). If the 365 had drag like the other guns in that video instead of the deeeeeep and looooong drags that everyone I’ve seen exhibits, I bet they wouldn’t be snapping strikers.

The good news is that they seem to have fixed the trigger return spring issue.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I don't think the P365 was meant to be carried as a primary weapon. I know I don't. It has a specific purpose.

It probably wasn't meant to be fired thousands of rounds, but many do and have no issues. I have right at 600 rds through mine. That's twice what I would normally put through a new pistol before carrying.

Choices (for now) are still yours...