SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W M&P Shield M2.0 Announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W M&P Shield M2.0 Announced Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted
https://www.juliegolob.com/smi...d-m2-0-pistol-series

Nice to see this model updated so soon after the Compact.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they're updating the 9mm and 40 to match the features that the .45 has had from the start.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not too surprising. I'd like to see them make a bigger thumb safety if they are going to do it. The current one works fine mind you and I never missed but I'd like one big enough to ride. Or atleast the option.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Maybe time to get a 1.0 if the prices go even lower. Apex does a body good!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Not really something I need to replace, since I have a 1.0. Selling it would be at a loss since they are so cheap...currently.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the 2.0 improvements are nearly as significant in the Shield as they were in the larger M&Ps. But if I was going to buy a new one after the 2.0s came out, I'd probably go with it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they'll change the baseplate on the extended magazines like they did on the .45, that spacer just floating there was kind of cheesy on the 9mm.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Sigh, love the new 2.0 compact and it might be time to finally get a Shield. The sigh was for more money being spent lol

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I'm more than satisfied with my 1.0 Shield. In MA we got stuck with the 10# trigger, really 12#. So, in with the Apex carry kit. Then on with the Hogue beavertail Hogue rubber HandAll grip and the gun is amazing. So good I bought a second one.

Great carry gun.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2408 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you suppose they will also come out with a Performance Center version?

Sig Ultra 9mm Traditional, SW Performance Center Shield 9mm, Dan Wesson CCO, Ruger LCRx, Kahr PM9. CZ 75D PCR

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an email from one of my distributors saying shield 2.0s are in stock now so should start seeing them on LGS shelves shortly I'm sure.

They didn't show a SKU for performance center ones but I'm sure they're coming someday

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I'm interested after recently buying an M&P 2.0 compact. Love the grip.

Hard to pass up the PPS M2 LE for $319 shipped though.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post