SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250 .22 -- FCU is stuck, can't remove.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250 .22 -- FCU is stuck, can't remove. Login/Join 
posted
Would appreciate any help -- I have a P250 .22, and I'm trying to get the FCU out. It won't budge. I can move it forward a tiny bit, and I can raise the front end of it, but the back is jammed solid in the frame. I have put as much force on it as I am comfortable doing. Clearly something is holding it up, and I don't want to break anything.

I know about pulling the hammer back so that the trigger will clear the frame. That's not the problem. I know that the rear of the FCU fits in a groove in the frame and it has to come forward a bit to clear that, but the forward motion seems to be blocked as well.

The weirdest thing is that I swapped frames when I bought the pistol last fall, and was able to remove the FCU with no problem. I can't imagine what's different now.

Any tips?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, just as I was about to give up, my girlfriend said, "Let me see it." And she got it. It was a matter of squeezing just in the right place at just the right time. She was always good with mechanical things, and she has really strong little fingers.

I've had P320 FCUs in and out dozens of times and never had this problem. But she got it out, and now she's "Queen for the Day." Wink

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marry her she sounds like a good one!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post