SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fletcher Custom Pistols HiPower finally home. (updated thread, pics page 5)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fletcher Custom Pistols HiPower finally home. (updated thread, pics page 5) Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I am kicking around the idea of having mr fletcher do some finish work on this pistol.

Remove the duracoat. New night sights, fit a 357 sig barrel, finish the stippling, ion/nitride coat. New springs.... just a general clean up.

Another option the 40 cal Hi Power, that can be done is Bar Sto makes a 3 lug 9mm barrell intended for the 40 cal Hi Powers /conversions, must be fitted and allows steady use of +P 9mm ammo.
Not cheap, sporadic producttion and costs to be fitted.

My understanding is any Nitride finish can't be used on the Hi Power, due to the soldered barrel bushing, the nitride has a high finish temp.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Ion Bond DLC can be used on the Hi Power as its process temperature isn't as high as Nitride.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I van live with ion bond. I am not a dura coat fan

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics of my custom hi power 40sw. trigger was nicely tuned by a well regarded gunsmith in the Manchester nh area. Looks like it was refinished while it was apart

Sorry, finally got my photos straightened out for this thread. Link broke.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MarioG:
Pics of my custom hi power 40sw. trigger was nicely tuned by a well regarded gunsmith in the Manchester nh area. Looks like it was refinished while it was apart

QUOTE]

Sorry, finally got my photos straightened out for this thread. Link broke.[/

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Another option the 40 cal Hi Power, that can be done is Bar Sto makes a 3 lug 9mm barrell intended for the 40 cal Hi Powers /conversions, must be fitted and allows steady use of +P 9mm ammo.

Not cheap, sporadic producttion and costs to be fitted.

I currently have one with Don Williams getting the .40 to 9mm barrel fitted along with other work.

I lucked out and happened to call Bar-Sto about availability and they had some still left in stock from the last run.

quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
Pics of my custom hi power 40sw. Trigger was nicely tuned by a well regarded gunsmith in the Manchester nh area. Looks like it was refinished while it was apart

Nice HP Mario.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice high power

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
DSgrouse

your highpower was modified by Sodan Armament,
the smith used to work for Degoff's,

I know the original owner, he had Sodan do the mods

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow had not seen many of these posts.

It is now with fletcher customs. Mr Fletcher is over sseing the gun from start to finish.. one of his tasks is to fit a 357 sig barrel to it. Raise the stippling, tune trigger, replace sights, single side safety, replace the beavertail and hammer finally ion bond.

posted Hide Post
quote:

It is now with fletcher customs. Mr Fletcher is over sseing the gun from start to finish.. one of his tasks is to fit a 357 sig barrel to it. Raise the stippling, tune trigger, replace sights, single side safety, replace the beavertail and hammer finally ion bond.

What turnaround time did he quote you?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

What turnaround time did he quote you?

6 months, give or take. On a side note. I spoke to Ted Yost via email. My 65 t series goes under his knife next week or so.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Please post pics and reviews when they come back, I love looking at custom P-35's.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
do you all ready have the .357 sig barrel ? I have a brand new spare. they are great guns I shoot mine in .357 and 40 using the conversion barrel by Olympic arms.

No i do not, he is ordering a KKM 357 sig barrel for this. I was incorrect on the lead time. 8 months instead of 6 months. That is fine.

The 40 will get a 20lb wolf spring, and the 357 sig 22lb. To say the least i am very excited.

Here is one of his other Hi-Power's.
http://www.fletchercustompisto...m/HiPowerBeaver.html

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
do you all ready have the .357 sig barrel ? I have a brand new spare. they are great guns I shoot mine in .357 and 40 using the conversion barrel by Olympic arms.

I purchased an extra one also when I found out Olympic Arms was closing shop.

I also just recently purchased a SFS kit for my HP.

美しい犬

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No i do not, he is ordering a KKM 357 sig barrel for this. I was incorrect on the lead time. 8 months instead of 6 months. That is fine.

The 40 will get a 20lb wolf spring, and the 357 sig 22lb. To say the least i am very excited.

Great gunsmith, excellent to deal with, always been pleased with his work.

That 22# recoil spring will strain your shoulder racking the slide.

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great gunsmith, excellent to deal with, always been pleased with his work.

That 22# recoil spring will strain your shoulder racking the slide.

I tested the gun against several other 40 hp, it had a very weak spring. It was nowhere near either of the 40's. I wish i had a 9 to compare it to. It seemed from memory to more comparable to the 9mm. That gave me several concerns and was a major reason why i went down this path.

I was glad to meet mr fletcher, and am wholey confident he will turn it around into one of his master pieces.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

you will like the sfs it's a nice feature , the cocked and locked thing always makes me nervous I think I'm going to get one for my 9mm the forty came with it. had no idea Olympic if closing there doors glad I have a second one now

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nvm

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

you will like the sfs it's a nice feature , the cocked and locked thing always makes me nervous I think I'm going to get one for my 9mm the forty came with it. had no idea Olympic if closing there doors glad I have a second one now

I posted a thread in Sig Forum when I received their newsletter about their closing, and is what lead me to purchase the second 357 Sig barrel.

BH Spring Solutions offered their previous and existing customers a special for a limited time, the SFS kit and a Spring Optimization package, ended up costing me $108 .

I don't think I would have paid the normally $200 for the SFS kit otherwise, but now I get to try it out.

Installed the SFS kit today, after losing the tiny coil safety spring twice last night, found it this morning. Its going to take me a while to get used to SFS, years of Condition One.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬