SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fletcher Custom Pistols HiPower finally home. (updated thread, pics page 5)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fletcher Custom Pistols HiPower finally home. (updated thread, pics page 5) Login/Join 
posted

Here is a photo of the only identifying mark on it other than factory roll marks.

Sights, mag disconect, trigger work, beavertail, hammer, front and back strap checkering.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, you were able to shed light on your own question. Or, was it a test? Big Grin
Either way, thanks for the info.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, you were able to shed light on your own question. Or, was it a test? Big Grin
Either way, thanks for the info.

I am not nearly so bright. A helpful gent on 1911 forum pointed me in the right direction. I searched from there, posted it here. We seem to have a fair number of hi power questions asked.

Mine is a '95 model.

posted Hide Post
You'll love the way it shoots. I had both a Mark III 9mm and a Mark III .40 hipower. I sold the 9mm because I simply didn't like it that much. I do really like the .40 and it has a nice recoil to it compared to most other .40's. The only things I dislike about it, is it's hard to load the last 2 rounds in each magazine and the slide is tougher to rack due to the much heavier springs in the .40s. But it's a fun gun to shoot.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your find!

I've been wondering for some years how many giggle boxes a tuned Hi Power converted to .357 SIG would tickle.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First image,

Second image

Third

Locking lugs are in grat shape, it fired off 100 rounds 0 issues. On target, crisp trigger pull. I am just wondering who did the work.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Congrats on your find!

I've been wondering for some years how many giggle boxes a tuned Hi Power converted to .357 SIG would tickle.

If there was ever a gun to try it out on.

posted Hide Post
That's a great looking HP! A .357 Sig barrel would be really cool.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Sweet BHP there!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Unique HP you have DSG!
Forum member XLT posted his 40/357Sig conversion here earler this year, it got me interested enough to purchase a 40 Cal MKIII, and a 357 Sig barrel, Richard Fletcher of Fletcher Custom did what little fitting was needed and cut the barrel to factory length.

This is my second 40 High Power, over the years, I have owned several 9mm versions, and much prefer the 40 cal version, and prefer the 357 Sig conversion even more.
My only dislike is as Jimmy stated, the slide is really hard to rack, due to the heavy # recoil spring it was designed with, and there is no getting around that. It does help to leave the slide locked back on an empty magazine for a couple of weeks in my experience.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody put a little time into that one. Neat!

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Unique HP you have DSG!
Forum member XLT posted his 40/357Sig conversion here earler this year, it got me interested enough to purchase a 40 Cal MKIII, and a 357 Sig barrel, Richard Fletcher of Fletcher Custom did what little fitting was needed and cut the barrel to factory length.

This is my second 40 High Power, over the years, I have owned several 9mm versions, and much prefer the 40 cal version, and prefer the 357 Sig conversion even more.
My only dislike is as Jimmy stated, the slide is really hard to rack, due to the heavy # recoil spring it was designed with, and there is no getting around that. It does help to leave the slide locked back on an empty magazine for a couple of weeks in my experience.

Being that this is a va gun, fletcher is an obvious option as to who comepleted the work. 357 sig would make a unique gun, even more so. I am not fond of the dura coat color scheme. I wonder what i could get away with.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
DSGrouse
You should give Mr Fletcher a call or email him with a picture of your pistol to enquire if that is his work, here is a link to a HP he customized shown on his website. Similar to yours.
http://www.fletchercustompisto...m/HiPowerBeaver.html

Regardless, his work is top notch, he is located at Rockbridge Baths, near Lexington. He has done 2 or 3 small jobs for me, always pleased with his work.
http://www.fletchercustompistols.com

Something to consider on your pistol, replacement of springs, when I purchased mine, I purchased all new springs from BHP Solutions, HP springs and neat tools are their speciality.

My refinish suggestion for your custom Hi Power is a Hard Chromed frame, and Satin DLC Ion Bond on Slide and all other parts, or entire gun in Sig Forums CoyoteKiller Burnt Bronze!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure it has been refinished since the work has been done. This current finish is probably hising if not completely erased the signs nessisary to find out who did the work.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I am pretty sure it has been refinished since the work has been done. This current finish is probably hising if not completely erased the signs nessisary to find out who did the work.

That's another problem. I think it was Yost that used to stamp or engrave the slide with his logo so you knew who did the work. BUT, why don't these custom gunsmith at least scribe the frame underneath the grip or something with their name on it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am kicking around the idea of having mr fletcher do some finish work on this pistol.

Remove the duracoat. New night sights, fit a 357 sig barrel, finish the stippling, ion/nitride coat. New springs.... just a general clean up.

posted Hide Post
See next post. Accidentally double posted

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
I have an older hi power in 40sw. Fleur de leis carved wooden grips, a trigger job by a very well known local smith. An older guy , regular customer, passed away, and his widow sold it to the shop he did most of his business at.Only came with one mag, but two more showed up at another shop . Shoots like a dream. Will get some photos up.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
BHP = Oh so sexy.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post