SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fletcher Custom Pistols HiPower finally home. (updated thread, pics page 5)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fletcher Custom Pistols HiPower finally home. (updated thread, pics page 5) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It looks more satin.

It shokts well. I hammered through 250 rounds yesterday.
100 40sw
150 357 sig.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS,
Your creation looks absolutely beautiful. Congratulations.

However, it is cruel that this thread has been reactivated and the old photos are no longer visible.
But probably better for the pocketbook.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice. But, man, that tail, you're sure it is not a peacock tail? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Looks very nice. But, man, that tail, you're sure it is not a peacock tail? Big Grin

It has a very nice feel to it. Honestly, I like the hi-power beavertail feel a lot more than 1911, or sig's beaver tail.

Shooting 180-grain hst, I was very thankful for the beavertail. I did make an adjustment and remove the grey vz grips and put a set of Houge rosewood grips on.

One of the best features he did was add the single side safety. Now there is a very positive click in and out of safe. I will have to take it to the range to do a bit more testing and shooting.

I had it very hot the other day. 250 rounds as quickly as I did seem to cause some first round loading issues with the 357 sig on the last 3 mags. I will take some pics when i go to the local indoor range.

If you have not had a chance with one of these HP's 12131, I would highly recommend you don't It is damn addictive.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Almost makes me want to get back into 357Sig/40SW...

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, a couple of friends came over today. (the owner of the gun store my daughter works at and his partner in the store.)

We ended up shooting my franken 226/220 22lr sig, My 625, My B&T GHM45, Diamond back 300bko, Sig Vertus 300 bko, Canik tp9, and the fletcher custom BHP.

I have narrowed the issue of failing to load 357 sig to that single mag. I have not taken it appart to see if the spring is back aswards. that seems like a possibility. It does not fail to load 40, so i have it as my practice 40 mag for now. The other two 357 mags had 0 issue when i got it all sorted out the other night. Sadly, I shot all my 357sig out of it, so we were stuck with 40. Which it did an admirable job shooting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
well, a couple of friends came over today. (the owner of the gun store my daughter works at and his partner in the store.)

We ended up shooting my franken 226/220 22lr sig, My 625, My B&T GHM45, Diamond back 300bko, Sig Vertus 300 bko, Canik tp9, and the fletcher custom BHP.

I have narrowed the issue of failing to load 357 sig to that single mag. I have not taken it appart to see if the spring is back aswards. that seems like a possibility. It does not fail to load 40, so i have it as my practice 40 mag for now. The other two 357 mags had 0 issue when i got it all sorted out the other night. Sadly, I shot all my 357sig out of it, so we were stuck with 40. Which it did an admirable job shooting.

I've never shot .357 sig in anything. But do have a .40 hipower mark III and had a 9mm hipower mark III (that I sold) at the same time. The .40 has a real quick straight back recoil impulse. It's fun and I enjoy it. How does the recoil characteristics of the .357 sig compare?

Glad you're really enjoying the gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Straight back like the 40, but 9mm +p in recoil