SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK has 13 and 15 round magazines available for the P30SK and VP9 SK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK has 13 and 15 round magazines available for the P30SK and VP9 SK Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
It has been a long wait but HK finally has the 13 and 15 round magazines available for the VP9 and P30SK. As of now only the complete magazines are available and later the individual magazine sleeves and base plates will also be. As of now I have found them only at HK Webshop for $49 but others should have them and probably at better prices some time in the future. I ordered 1 of the 13 round for my P30SK as I have been waiting a long time for these to show up and will order sleeves and floor plates when those become available for 13 round magazines I already have assuming they will work with the magazine body for the P2000/USPC 9MM magazine but that has not been confirmed yet. These are a great improvement over the X-Grip type that I have been using as the sleeve locks into the magazine floor plate. With a 13 round magazine my P30SK is the same height as my Glock 19 and gives me a full grip.

I know a lot here have the P30SK and/or VP9SK so I thought I would post information. 13 round SKU: 226345S and 15 round SKU: 226346S

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hksto...m-Magazine/p/226345S

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hksto...m-Magazine/p/226346S

EDIT: Looks like EuroOptic has them in stock too for less.

https://www.eurooptic.com/HK-P...m_campaign=avantlink

https://www.eurooptic.com/HK-P...m_campaign=avantlink

Pic of the VP9SK with the 13 round magazine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know,thanks. I have a p30sk standard cap. magazine that I added one of the Hkparts.net magazine extensions to but it only gives it another x2 rounds for a total of 12 rounds. Even at $49.00, it still costs less than mine and has an extra round to boot.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Cool. Much like you I’ve got a bunch of 15 round P30/VP9 mags, I’ll likely buy a couple sleeves/floorplates to convert a couple. Right now I carry one as a spare just knowing that there will be a gap if I ever had to resort to reloading my EDC.

The 13 round mag doesn’t look bad either.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I ordered two of each size magazine from Euro Optics. I have a H&K VP9sk on layaway.

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
So theyre just p2000 and p30 mags with an attempted-HK-grip-patterned spacer sleeves on them?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
So theyre just p2000 and p30 mags with an attempted-HK-grip-patterned spacer sleeves on them?

That’s what it looks like. I have a few other grip adapters for my p2000 mags that I use in my VP 9sk. That is one awesome little 9 mm.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Sleeve and floor plate unique to the P30SK/VP9SK. Seeing they are down to $34 at some places that is a great deal considering what just the magazine can cost. I use X-Grip sleeves now, as shown in the link below, but these look better in that they match the pistol and the sleeve locks into the floor plate. I will wait for the sleeves and floor plates to become available to do my existing magazines but have no idea how long that will take. Part numbers are in the VP9SK manual pages 40 and 41 and included a pic of that below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hkusa...VP9-SK-3_14-2017.pdf --- VP9SK operators manual

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Got my HK 13 round magazine for my P30SK.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
That looks good.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Got my HK 13 round magazine for my P30SK.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I wish HK would do similar for the P2000sk owners. I hate the X-GRIPS that inhibit a magazine drop.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
What I found interesting was these are actually shorter on the front side of the grip than the pinky extension.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
What I found interesting was these are actually shorter on the front side of the grip than the pinky extension.

Yeah no kidding. I never understood using the pinky unless it was for economics or living in a state where one can not own magazines over 10 round capacity. If I want to be extra discreet I use the 10 round magazine with the flat floor plate and I found I can shoot my P30SK well with the short grip but almost always I have a 13 round magazine in it. HK did a great job with the P30SK and VP9SK.

This from a page in the VP9SK manual shows the different options and relative sizes.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah no kidding. I never understood using the pinky unless it was for economics or living in a state where one can not own magazines over 10 round capacity.

Well first you would need to understand that we are all different, different heights, and different hand sizes. And options are never a bad thing.

On the flip side, I, and others, do not like shooting subcompact pistols that require curling your pinky under it. I like a full handed grip so the extensions for the 10rd magazines are ideal. They allow for a full purchase while at the same time not increasing size at the heel, where a pistol prints. You can turn a subcompact into a fighting handgun with a full grip and a spare full sized magazine. So those extensions are why I bought another P30sk. They were long overdue.

We aren’t all the same and luckily we don’t have to be.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Yeah no kidding. I never understood using the pinky unless it was for economics or living in a state where one can not own magazines over 10 round capacity.

Well first you would need to understand that we are all different, different heights, and different hand sizes. And options are never a bad thing.

On the flip side, I, and others, do not like shooting subcompact pistols that require curling your pinky under it. I like a full handed grip so the extensions for the 10rd magazines are ideal. They allow for a full purchase while at the same time not increasing size at the heel, where a pistol prints. You can turn a subcompact into a fighting handgun with a full grip and a spare full sized magazine. So those extensions are why I bought another P30sk. They were long overdue.

We aren’t all the same and luckily we don’t have to be.

"They allow for a full purchase while at the same time not increasing size at the heel, where a pistol prints."

Makes sense if that is what you have found in your experience. I CCW it IWB with either 0 or 15 degree cant and have found for me the pinky extension prints as much as the 13 round magazine if I use a tight shirt to check. When I wear a shirt I use for CCW neither prints.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I can shoot either way equally well. I didnt have a problem with the pinky extension compromising my CCW so I carried that mag 99% of the time as I'll tkae a full grip when I can get it.

I was just wondering if they could have possibly done a +1 with it.

The 13 round mag really changes the game on the SK models. The 15 round mag will never get actual magwell time with me but I can see the advantage for guys who want to use it as a backup for someone who relies on their SK as their sole self defense handgun.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
TGS has them in stock as well.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Just received a 15 rd mag in anticipation of receiving my P30SK. The 15 rounder will be for spare mag in case I need to reload. If I remember right it’s coming with one flat 10 rd and one 10 rd with pinky extension. I’m glad several options are available now.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on the sleeves. Just need a couple for my 15 round magazines.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post