SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Struggling with aiming a sig
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Struggling with aiming a sig Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
OP - you hit the jackpot on good responses. All very good analysis.

One thing I thought of is the Sig THREE dot sights. If you're actually an older "young man", the following may apply. After my old eyes starting crapping out several years ago, I stopped using three dot anythings. Caused visual confusion.

Switched to either one front dot or plain black/black sights. Shooting vastly improved. What type of sights do you normally use on your revolver(s)?

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
1. Change the front so you can use #1 or #2 (Ideally about #1 1/2)

2. Take a magic marker and black out the rear dots.

3. Forget you ever heard of such a nonsense idea as "combat sights".
(AKA only useful to shoot big things up close)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some things I've found helpful, and seem to match your situation:

https://grayguns.com/zen-and-t...rt-of-hitting-stuff/

https://grayguns.com/dry-fire-secrets-of-the-pros/

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP,

Post a picture of a target at 15 yards with your sig. we can diagnose from there.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brobert225
posted Hide Post
All my Sigs are set up to shoot #2. I just sent my Legion back and they swapped it out and sent it back, no charge. Glocks shoot to #2 out of the box.

Posts: 1835 | Location: KY | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up finding time for some shooting tonight and went to the exact same course as the other day that I struggled with so much. I watched that video that was posted before and a few others to help me get an idea of what my issues were and I did some dry fire practice last night. Got to the course today and damn near went 100%. It was unreal. I figured out that my issue was how I was holding the bead over the target.

Really excited to keep working on it.

Posts: 15 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
That is a way cool update. You sir are coachable! Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another SF miracle... Big Grin

Thanks for the update.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post