SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X-VTAC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X-VTAC Login/Join 
posted
A LGS got one in this week and I put it on hold until Monday so I could research it before buying. First impression is that it is one very neat looking pistol and the X frame grip and trigger feel good in hand.
Anyone here have any experience with one?

Posts: 41 | Registered: September 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be the first! Are you buying it?

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know any where out yet, you should buy it! Smile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Why do we want holes in a pistol slide? To let dust, dirt, debris, rocks, mud, etc. in to accumulate between the slide and barrel? Yes, I know they lighten the slide, and that doesn’t make much sense to me either. Stock factory slides are machined to—presumably—optimize their weights for the cartridges being fired, so how does lightening them further improve things?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Why do we want holes in a pistol slide? To let dust, dirt, debris, rocks, mud, etc. in to accumulate between the slide and barrel? Yes, I know they lighten the slide, and that doesn’t make much sense to me either. Stock factory slides are machined to—presumably—optimize their weights for the cartridges being fired, so how does lightening them further improve things?

It's cool bro. Get hip player.

Seriously though. Kyle lamb basically stated it's more for looks than anything else. I appreciated his honesty in the matter

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post