Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 250 Login/Join 
Picture of rjinaz85308
posted
Don't know much about Sigs, but I have a chance to pick up exchange kits for a .40 medium frame, a 9mm large frame and a 9mm sub compact and one fire control group. Would this make a nice setup or is this old technology

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American GI.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom..

Posts: 1134 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The real question boils down to how you feel about the long, very slightly heavy trigger on the P250 - otherwise, there ain't nothing wrong with pistol. FWIW, when I say "slightly heavy", it isn't heavy enough to throw my aim off, but I notice the additional effort at the end of a range session.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rjinaz85308
posted Hide Post
it will probably be my wife's gun and she is not used to 1911 triggers like me, so as long as it is smooth I think it will be ok. What would you think something like this is worth (exchange kits for a .40 medium frame, a 9mm large frame and a 9mm sub compact and one fire control group)?

Posts: 1134 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As previously said, the P250 is an excellent and underrated pistol, provided:
You spend enough time with the trigger to shoot it well.
It is a very safe gun to use and carry, especially for the inexperienced.
The rear sight is unique to the model, and cant be replace with a conventional sight.
A 9mm Subcompact may be a good choice for your wife.
No idea what the kits are going for now.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I can only echo what YooperSigs said. It should be a great pistol for your wife, although I would add that you may find that if the usual medium sized frame doesn't fit her, smaller and larger frames are available (P320 frames should work with the P250 just fine). As for price, I don't know - the conversion kits were expensive to begin with but never seemed to sell all that well. Since the P250 seems to have been discontinued, I would expect the conversion kits to be heavily discounted, myself. What I said for the conversion kits would, IMHO, go double for the fire control group.

Don't let the fact that the P250 has been discontinued throw you in terms of getting the pistol serviced. SIG should easily be able to help you in the unlikely event that you need any work done.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer you better help than that. I bought two full-sized versions (.40 and 357SIG) back when they were being phased out and were particularly affordable and just haven't needed (or felt any need) to do anything to them other than to shoot, clean, lube and repeat.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:It should be a great pistol for your wife, although I would add that you may find that if the usual medium sized frame doesn't fit her, smaller and larger frames are available (P320 frames should work with the P250 just fine).

The subcompacts almost all come with a size-small frame. The railed ones come with medium, and AFAIK there are no large SC frames.

If the subcompact is a small and still feels too large for her hands, I highly recommend the X-compact frame. It's made for the subcompact slide and barrel. The grip is longer but narrower than the SC small.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-40-auto-357sig.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toivo,

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I use my P250 (.45acp) as my bedside gun.
I’ve always liked it but I was raised on revolvers so the trigger was familiar from the get go.

I wouldn’t mine finding a 9mm subcompact myself.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 250 is my single most favorite gun. At a time when some were dumping them, I was buying and loving them.
I never thought of the 250 as a "woman's " gun; just a great gun.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the P250, just as everyone says the trigger is long. It is very smooth. Mine were very accurate and reliable, had a full size .45, full size 9mm, and a compact and subcompact 9mm. Easy to shoot and maintain.

If you don't mind a long trigger pull, you will love the pistol.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rjinaz85308
posted Hide Post
The pistol and all the exchange kits arrived today. As stated the trigger is smooth but long. I have watched some videos on how to 'stage' the trigger. It makes sense and seems to work well.
Thanks to all for the encouragement and honest answers. I think it will work out just fine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

posted Hide Post
As metioned the rear sight is unique to that Sig.
CDNN had them is stock a while back. Might want to pick one up as a spare.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I carry one daily in .357SIG, have 3 more FCUs, and have kits to handle 9mm (x2), .45 and .22lr. I also have a .40 barrel.

Some people complain about the DAO trigger, but it is great for learning proper trigger control.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post