SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    School me on FO front sights for glocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me on FO front sights for glocks Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
My eyes suck, over the last year I have need to use readers for anything close up and pistol sights are no different. My pistols wear either night front sights or gold beads and both are pretty fuzzy anymore. I can still score A zone hits at 15m but if the lighting is less than ideal its a struggle.

In the past I seem to remember a few middle aged members commenting that the FO sights worked for them.

Anyway I am looking for sights that are fairly thin durable and come in different heights.

Looking at Dawson as they have a good selection.

Any opinions? Which color works best for you?

Also might be swapping out my gold beads on my BHP and M29 as well so options for those would be appreciated as well.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HDs and lots of Americlgos have a dual FO / Trijicon night sight that pops in the light.

Ameriglo has a number of height options if you look on Brownells.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran dawson for awhile on my gaming guns. Good people, the best part of dealing with them is that you can get some actual support if you need it. I tried several colors but settled on red. But I eventually went to a slide mounted optic (RMR) to deal with my aging vision and that was the end of the need for those. I have the Trijicon HD's on several guns and the colored ring does pop in daylight.
FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Dawsons are good, warren tactical are good, trijicon HDs and similar are good. In sunlight the true full FO sights are great. For indoors the HDs are superior IMO

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Not fiber optic, but definitely worth a look. I am going to try these next. I am running Warren Tectical FO on all of my pistols. Red works the best for me - in daylight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZWJJ3q3SY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhxEH9CzkBU

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me the bright green works the best. Most of the targets use red for the center of the target and the red kind of blends in. The green stands out. I have truglo on my browing buckmark (great on a rimfire but probably not for a centerfire) and whatever F/O front site came on my Colt Competition 1911. I prefer a black rear sight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For carry use, how delicate are FO sights?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jonh1373
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Dawson Precision. Great customer service. I run black in the rear and red for front on every auto I own.

Posts: 39 | Registered: June 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
FO fronts are what I like too. On a carry pistol these are what I like the to the FO for being slightly encased so it doesnt get snagged.
https://www.henningshop.com/De...ROD=1373249&CAT=9248

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have Dawson FO front sight on both of my carry guns, I find that the green is quite bright even in lower light conditions. My vision is not as good as it used to be but in my case the FO makes a big difference specifically with the green.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I use this one because in addition to the steel sight mount, the fiber optic is encased in a clear plastic that lets in light, but makes it sturdier than than the fiber alone.

http://www.hivizsights.com/product/gl2009/

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post