SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have any experience with Hogue's 1911 G10 Magrips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any experience with Hogue's 1911 G10 Magrips? Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted
Last month I shot my first 1911 Single Stack match at my local range. One of the first things that became obvious to me was the need for a magwell for the old S.A. Loaded Parkerized (among a few other things).

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for something that will only be used 2-3 times a year.

The Hogue G10 MaGrip seems to check off a few boxes all at once (plus Hogue's just an awesome company anyway DSmile, so I want to get people's thoughts, opinions, etc. on them.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No experience with the grips.

But, S+A,Fusion and others make a mainspring housing with a magwell attached to it that I've seen many people use and they're economically priced (fusion ones).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hogue G10 checkered (black) came standard on my Sig 1911 Nightmare. I really like them and consequently I but the same on my Sig p226. I'm pleased with mine. Never tried the more aggressive G10's than the checkered but the checkered are more than adequate for grip. I can't imagine a more perfect grip. I do carry the Sig 1911 concealed in an IWB holster and the grip texture having excellent grip is not so aggressive as to be uncomfortable or snag on clothing.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased black Piranha G-10s for my 1911 Commander and love them. Hogue makes the best G-10 grips out there.

Posts: 65 | Registered: August 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set and like them quite a bit. Its a good magwell and locking into the grips to make a single unit makes it look and feel great in the hand.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post