SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 west german,Nickel gun advice.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 west german,Nickel gun advice. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
dave,
i sure agree.one mag is still unwrapped,and the other mag looks almost unused.The area under decocker is free of any wear.

The mag well has zero insertion or wear marks.

I guess i am not the collector some guys are,as i love finding these gems.then usually sell in a week or so for a gun i can shoot.

This gun must have been in the back of the dr's safe,as the nickel sparkles like the day it was made.

But this is the nicest newest nickle 226 i have seen in some time.The folks are looking for box,but they said don't get my hopes up.

But man this gun is a treasure for sure.thanks dave,i think we talked a few years ago.

Yes, fantastic Ni P226.
But, this doctor should be hanged for tossing the original box and the supporting paperwork. Razz

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Yes quang,agreed.
The sad thing is the dr.got dementia and his impairment was raised to where he had mishandled and misplaced a lot of priceless items.
I dont have to go into detail ,as you have heard what happens when a brain wasting illness attacks a person.

Thats what happened here quang.In the bottom of this sig box was the original invoice and work order for a smith wesson registered magnum.

Now the family is looking for that 7 to 9 thousand dollar gun.

The dr. put a 200 shield in a pre war pebble box for a triplelock outdoorsman s&w pistol.

I know all or the majority of the sig forum folks know to get your affairs in order while you have all your ability to do it.

I am 59,and i told my wife last night to make a list of what and where she wants her valuables to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear about that doc. First hand experience with Alzheimer's disease, here. So I know what it's like. Frown

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear quang.
I am going to beat the bush for a period correct cardboard box for the 226.I saw one about a month ago at a gun show.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is the era correct box for your P226, Steve.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thank you very much quang.I noticed our guns are about 350 digits apart

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There is one on GB for # U479374. Damn start bid of $ 100.00.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
thanks dave.i saw that box does not have nickel on the end label.

I would rather sell gun with no box,than this gun with box without no nickel label

The serial isn't going to be the same anyway... so I don't feel the 'nickel' label is going to add any value to the resale.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excam,
Thanks for advice.

The nickel gun sure does make a nice picture laying in the red interior cutout.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would rather sell gun with no box,than this gun with box without no nickel label
Don't tell me that all this is about you reselling this pistol that you've just purchased.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post