SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 west german,Nickel gun advice.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 west german,Nickel gun advice. Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Sig folks,
I took a gamble last night and bought a gun online that was advertised as bright stainless,but the finish is nickel? I will try and post the pictures of add.

The gun looks all nickel to me,3 new in wrapper nickel magazines that are sig stamped.

I called the dealer this morning and asked about the grey area on slide where the serial number is stamped.He sent 8 photos of different angles,and the gun is 100% the same nickel finish.The camera flash made that area grey.
I took a chance as i have always wanted a all nickel sig from w germany,triple stamped numbered gun.

Is there a company asscociated with sig that can tell me if this is a factory nickel sig??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks great, Steve. You already have my answers. Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks quang,you are a great member of this forum.I dont tell you that to blow smoke either.It is great for guy's like me who have question's about a gun,can come to this great forum and find the info one needs.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nickel guns are hard to photograph do to reflections.

Here's my factory verified 226 KB 91 W German Nickel (U441***).

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Nickel guns are hard to photograph do to reflections.

Here's mine, I have the box so don't need to check with the factory...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Here are your pics, Steve.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Man! Sig pistol perfection right there.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quang
thank you sir,
david lee,thanks.I have a weakness for older nickel german sig guns.

The owner of this thinks it might be unfired,as the mag in gun is new,and the 3 nickel sig stamped mags have never been out of plastic package,and he could not find any signs of being shot.The gun is out of a collection

I know the nickel 228 is the top older sig to get,and i will someday,but i am really happy to find this 226 with the triple numbers and 4 new mags.

posted Hide Post
That's a very nice nickel 226. Nice grab!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sig guys,
This gun came today.wow is all i can say.

The estate guy had test fired written by dr who owned it.I will post pics asap.I wish i was a collector as this is the nicest 226 i have owned,but i know i will have for a week and find some gun i like to shoot.

The gun looks flawless.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It's a beauty.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
sig guys,
This gun came today.wow is all i can say.

The estate guy had test fired written by dr who owned it.I will post pics asap.I wish i was a collector as this is the nicest 226 i have owned,but i know i will have for a week and find some gun i like to shoot.

The gun looks flawless.
No, no, no..dont you sell that. You'll likely never find another so nice. For those of us who might like a P226 more than a 228, its a perfect, collector piece. You cant possibly find a nicer nickle model. Now off to the darkness of your safe with that.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, you nailed it. My nickel P226 is U465560, proofed 1992. Serrated trigger.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
guys,
para and folks,trying to get these resized.

https://imgur.com/3L0YLc2

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If I was on a computer, I'd post a picture of Ivanka in her silver gown... Big Grin. Its got the looks by golly!

posted Hide Post
dave,
i sure agree.one mag is still unwrapped,and the other mag looks almost unused.The area under decocker is free of any wear.

The mag well has zero insertion or wear marks.

I guess i am not the collector some guys are,as i love finding these gems.

Then usually sell in a week or so for a gun i can shoot.

This gun must have been in the back of the dr's safe,as the nickel sparkles like the day it was made.

But this is the nicest nickle 226 i have seen in some time.

The folks are looking for box,but they said don't get my hopes up.

But man this gun is a treasure for sure.thanks dave,i think we talked a few years ago.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
All those nice pics and you missed its date code.. Wink K, its a '92.

posted Hide Post
Dave,i will get that picture in the morning before i go to church.

I was taking care of little grandaughter,and trying to figure out the new image host program.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Good morning. I didn't find your email in your profile. OK, I fixed my profile email. It needed it.. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
That is a real beauty! Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post