SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIGs Arrived
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIGs Arrived Login/Join 
posted
As usual I've been looking for some out of production SIGs in new/like new condition and finally found them. There are three shown but I have one more P226 ASE on it's way. I hope to shoot all of them next week except the P229 Platinum Elite. I'm not sure I can bring myself to shoot it since it's so hard to find in new condition. But then again, I can't take it with me when I leave this ole world so I may as well shoot it, I didn't buy it as a "collector" and no one in my family has any interest in guns. I have long fingers so the wood grips that came on the ASE guns suit me just fine although I do prefer "grippier" grips. The aluminum grips on the P229 Platinum Elite feel great. I LOVE the SRT (short reach trigger).

P226 ASE (Talo) 9mm, SRT, Siglite night sights - purchased a SIG threaded barrel for this one. I have an identical one coming in that will be shot unsuppressed. This is a 2020 dated gun even though I thought they weren't making these anymore. The alloy frame on this one is darker than the P229 ASE and I wonder if the finish is different since it's a 2020 gun. The picture is without a flash and shows the gun and grips darker than they are. I will try to get better pictures next week.

P229 ASE (Talo) 9mm, SRT, Siglite night sights - purchased a SIG threaded barrel for this one. This is a 2016 dated gun.

P229 Platinum Elite 9mm, SRT, Siglite Adjustable Combat night sights - will be shot unsuppressed if and when I shoot it. These grips are a little blinding but they grow on ya. And after all, I do love "bling" handguns...LOL. This is a 2012 dated gun but is the current slide with full height rear cocking serrations, long external extractor and Hogue made SIG SAUER logo white aluminum grips. When they first came out they had the Legacy slide with half height rear cocking serrations, short extractor and original SIG SAUER logo white aluminum grips that were NOT made by Hogue.

Here's a quick picture. I'll update with a range report hopefully next week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: QB Too,

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are some nice looking additions. I'm looking to add some "bling" as well. Love stainless and the two tone.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Damn fine looking pistols.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice additions. The Platinum pistol is really nice. It is like a stainless version of the Equinox with the 2 tone slide.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post