SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon HD XR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon HD XR Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
You should buy them.
I have HDs on two of my three 19s and finally got around to swapping sights on my 17, I decided to try the new XRs with the skinny front sight post. HOLY COW. I did my best to get some decent pictures.

Enjoy.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Trijicon HD's on my G19 and really like them, the only downside is when I carry IWB the rear sight is kind of sharp and digs into my side but other than that they are awsome.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I have Trijicon HD's on my G19 and really like them, the only downside is when I carry IWB the rear sight is kind of sharp and digs into my side but other than that they are awsome.

They are sharp. The advantage, as I see it, is a positive contact point to rack the slide on something if need be.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:

They are sharp. The advantage, as I see it, is a positive contact point to rack the slide on something if need be.

I have a few pairs. The rear of the rear sight is sharp. Never understood how this aids racking. Makes no difference to me, just don't get it. The front of the rear sight isn't as aggressively angled and is slightly rounded. Still makes a great racking ledge but seems backwards. Anybody help a brother out and set me straight? I do like mine. Next pair will be XRs. Thanks for the pics.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5060017224

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:
I have a few pairs. The rear of the rear sight is sharp. Never understood how this aids racking. Makes no difference to me, just don't get it. The front of the rear sight isn't as aggressively angled and is slightly rounded. Still makes a great racking ledge but seems backwards. Anybody help a brother out and set me straight? I do like mine. Next pair will be XRs. Thanks for the pics.

I think the sharpness is just a byproduct of the manufacturing process. I think it just kinda "is" when they cut the serrations. I don't think it is a feature.

I've trashed a couple of T-shirts on the back edge carrying IWB day in and out.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you noticing a problem with the height of the front tritium lamp being higher/lower than the rears? I saw a few guys complaining about this on another board.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:

I think the sharpness is just a byproduct of the manufacturing process. I think it just kinda "is" when they cut the serrations. I don't think it is a feature.

I've trashed a couple of T-shirts on the back edge carrying IWB day in and out.

Ok, thanks. Makes sense. I haven't run into that yet but I could see it happenning.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
Are you noticing a problem with the height of the front tritium lamp being higher/lower than the rears? I saw a few guys complaining about this on another board.

I have not. However, I only put about 20 rounds down range after installing the sights yesterday.

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have not. However, I only put about 20 rounds down range after installing the sights yesterday.

Maybe jljones can chime in on this?

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He'd be way more credible anyhow. Cool

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He'd be way more credible anyhow. Cool

Mike, if you get a chance, see if the dots line up across when you line up the tops of the front and rear sights. Thanks in advance!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
RE the dots-
If this is an issue, it is a tiny issue to me. I'm sitting here eyeballing two sets, and the rear is higher. I'd have never noticed it if I didn't read it on the internet.
In the dark, I still just concentrate on driving the front sight only.

Hell, even if you drifted the front sight all the way to the top of your sight picture. at 15 yards it will only move your bullet strike a couple of inches.

Really a non-issue to me.

www.opspectraining.com

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'd have these on all of my pistols if they'd start making them for guns other than Glocks and Sigs.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was there much fitting with the rear sight ?
Nice and tight ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
RE the dots-
If this is an issue, it is a tiny issue to me. I'm sitting here eyeballing two sets, and the rear is higher. I'd have never noticed it if I didn't read it on the internet.
In the dark, I still just concentrate on driving the front sight only.

Hell, even if you drifted the front sight all the way to the top of your sight picture. at 15 yards it will only move your bullet strike a couple of inches.

Really a non-issue to me.

Thanks for the info. I'll be ordering a few sets.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Was there much fitting with the rear sight ?
Nice and tight ?

Install was easy, fit is great.

NRA Life Member

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Where did you buy them?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Trijicon HD (orange front) on all my Glocks. I was getting set to put them on a G34 when the XR came out, so I put those on, instead.

Next up was a new G19 purchase. I put the standard HD sights on that.

The standard HD sights were about twenty bucks less.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Where did you buy them?

Local shop.

NRA Life Member