SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
So, the problem I have with mine is that I cannot remove the slide stop/takedown pin in order to clean the gun. I've had it to the range once, but have been unable to clean it. What is my best choice at this point? Try send it back to Kriss, or is this something a local smith can handle?

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
it's just a little different keeping it pulled for the tiny distance while you get the slide stop pushed through enough to grab it. The tolerances are pretty tight on these guns but I've not heard of problems getting it out. Persistence is what advise. If you still can't get it shoot me an email.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They disassemble just like a CZ so you can search for a CZ disassembly vid on Youtube and watch how to do it. A little different than other types of guns.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Did you use the decocking lever before lining up the marks to pop the slidestop lever? I've neglected to do this a couple of times and it caused the gun to lock up.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Yep, I followed the manual explicitly, decocked, lined up the two little lines with slide partially back, and tried pushing the pin out. It simply won't budge. Tried it a dozen times, and let some oil soak on it for a while.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
Did you use the decocking lever before lining up the marks to pop the slidestop lever? I've neglected to do this a couple of times and it caused the gun to lock up.

Good point, they are different from CZs in that respect.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Yep, I followed the manual explicitly, decocked, lined up the two little lines with slide partially back, and tried pushing the pin out. It simply won't budge. Tried it a dozen times, and let some oil soak on it for a while.

I typically use a rubber mallet to knock the slide stop out. One good whack should do it while positioning the slide to align the take down marks. These guns are tight.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WVsigP228:
For those looking for night sights there might be an answer.

Prepper Gun shop is selling factory installed
Meprolight Tru-Dot Tritium Green Night Sights on Compacts.

https://www.preppergunshop.com...t-sights-2-15rd-mags

They are also selling sight sets for $109.

[url=https://www.preppergunshop.com/meprolight-tru-dot-self-iluminated-tritium-night-sight-green-front-green-rear-for-sphinx-sdp-9mm-g-g-fixed-set-td-factory-
packaging]https://www.preppergunshop.com...td-factory-packaging[/url]

Yup selling the guns with the sights installed for a great price too

https://www.slickguns.com/prod...r-sale-p?mobile=true

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Here's the question that counts, if I buy those sights will the POA/POI issue I had with the factory sights show up again like entitlement at a Democratic Party Convention?!? If anyone tries these on their Subcompact in the future please share your experiences.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
[QUOTE]...They are also selling sight sets for $109.

[url=https://www.preppergunshop.com/meprolight-tru-dot-self-iluminated-tritium-night-sight-green-front-green-rear-for-sphinx-sdp-9mm-g-g-fixed-set-td-factory-
packaging]https://www.preppergunshop.com...td-factory-packaging[/url]

Anyone installed these yet on a compact or subcompact?

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Waiting for someone else to try it on the Subcompact.

Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
As a follow up,..anyone put the Meprolight night sights on their SDP?

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Second question,...anyone seen an American made SDP? I haven't as of yet, but that don't mean they don't exist.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I just received my new Subcompact replacing the one stolen from Knoxville and recovered in Indianapolis. It still says Switzerland

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I still don't have the night sights but I recently bought a replacement to the Sphinx Subcompact stolen recently. The stolen one was used in a robbery in Indianapolis and will likely be there for quite a long time. The new one was even tighter than the first, still says made in Switzerland, and although it has the pesky combat sights its dead nuts on (for combat sights) and reliable. I'm very pleased.