SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
If the free gift comes with the subcompact I just ordered from you I'll whoop or joy!... or not Smile

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine,

I forgot to thank you for your great write up and photos of the Sphinx.

So thanks so much!

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MusProd:
If the free gift comes with the subcompact I just ordered from you I'll whoop or joy!... or not Smile

Yep -- Yours does come with the FREE gift!

Could you please post a pic of you Whooping for Joy?
I really wanna see this for myself! Eek

Ha Ha
Thanks,
Donna

Please Note:
I had No Idea about them shipping to me with Free Gift -- so Prefontaine did not get this Free Gift when he ordered from me.

I have talked to the Sales Rept today and he advised that he WOULD be sending me a FREE Gift for
Prefontaine Big Grin -- It was an oversight in their Shipping Dept. Frown

Today has been a good day. Cool

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MississippiGal:
Great News!

Tom and Dan -- Your Sphinx pistols have Shipped To Me --- and I should have HERE on Monday or Tuesday!

When I got the Shipping Notice / Invoice ---
I noticed these TWO Sphinx pistols had a little something FREE shipped with them. Eek

Not gonna blow the surprise -- but I did not know there was a FREE gift shipping with them -- when they were Ordered.

I will keep you posted!

This will be the first "SAND" I have Ordered. Big Grin

Have received Several E-mails regarding these Sphinx Pistols.

Seems reviews are really good!
(Please -- Don't Tell My Husband!) Roll Eyes

Thanks Guys! Wink
Donna
D B Flanagan's Gun Shop

Thanks for the update Donna. It's an honor to be the first Sand Man you've dealt with as well! Now bout that gift????? Once it's shipped all I have to do is make two more trips to the gun shop then go through the 72 hour waiting period and it will be mine, all mine!!

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Human, All
Too Human
posted Hide Post
Thanks Donna! Really looking forward to the new Sphinx.

As soon as the Standards start shipping I'm pretty sure there will be a Krypton green one in my future. I will be in touch. If you see inventory come up with your supplier please update if you can.

Appreciated,
TB

Posts: 978 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rudodgg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by rudodgg:
I have the SDP Compact, as a matter of fact I'm carrying it today ccw in a Milt Sparks VM2. I had contacted Kriss & got them to send a T&E gun to Milt Sparks. So Milt Sparks now has the mold for the Sphinx SDP Compact for anyone interested.

As everyone else has said, great gun, great trigger, great reset, great fit to finish. It's a tad heavy for ccw compared to my Walther PPQ that's my edc, but carriable, and it's one of my 3 on my ccw.

So it was you. Saw your post that you got Kriss to do that, either on calguns or Enos's forum, don't remember which but I think it was calguns. If we ever meet I'd like to buy you a beer for that as it saved me the hassle. I put in an order for a compact VMII about 3 weeks ago.

I'm currently trying to get MS to swap that compact out for a subcompact from Kriss to make the VMII mold for the subcompact. If you can lend your contact (My contact at Kriss is David K) or point me in the direction I'd like to get this sorted for myself, and everyone else as the VMII is my go to for any handgun.

sorry I haven't logged on for a few days. Yes it was me. I contacted Kriss directly on Facebook, and it was guy named Mytch that got back to me. Then he forwarded it to Michael Hou, and I believe it was Michael that finally got the T&E gun to Milt Sparks.

You prob saw it here or calguns Smile

Posts: 231 | Registered: September 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rudodgg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I have the SDP Compact, as a matter of fact I'm carrying it today ccw in a Milt Sparks VM2. I had contacted Kriss & got them to send a T&E gun to Milt Sparks. So Milt Sparks now has the mold for the Sphinx SDP Compact for anyone interested.

As everyone else has said, great gun, great trigger, great reset, great fit to finish. It's a tad heavy for ccw compared to my Walther PPQ that's my edc, but carriable, and it's one of my 3 on my ccw.

So it was you. Saw your post that you got Kriss to do that, either on calguns or Enos's forum, don't remember which but I think it was calguns. If we ever meet I'd like to buy you a beer for that as it saved me the hassle. I put in an order for a compact VMII about 3 weeks ago.

I'm currently trying to get MS to swap that compact out for a subcompact from Kriss to make the VMII mold for the subcompact. If you can lend your contact (My contact at Kriss is David K) or point me in the direction I'd like to get this sorted for myself, and everyone else as the VMII is my go to for any handgun.

I just emailed/forwarded you the email string from Kriss.

Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Once I receive, and if I decide to carry the subcompact regularly, I wonder if I could do the same with subcompact T&E for a VM-II, or if the compact holster would do a good job.

I am a huge VM-II fan, although the simple little Remora can come in handy for a quick errand.

MP

Picture of rudodgg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MusProd:
quote:

Once I receive, and if I decide to carry the subcompact regularly, I wonder if I could do the same with subcompact T&E for a VM-II, or if the compact holster would do a good job.

I am a huge VM-II fan, although the simple little Remora can come in handy for a quick errand.

MP

I think Prefontaine is working on Kriss/Milt for the Subcompact VM2.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I talked to Nick @ MS. He said the subcompact is going to be a while. They still have the compact and haven't made a mold yet for the compact. rudodgg's was probably a one off for now. They are accepting orders for the compact it's just that the weather hasn't been cooperative for him to make a permanent mold and needs to be done outside.

Rudo, got the email, thank you sir. I'll do what I can but will have to wait until the Compact is sent back to Kriss first.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I got to handle both yesterday and they sure a solid piece.
For the subcompact to work for me I would need a bit of a pinky extension as the bottom of the mag hits just at the top of my pinky but not quite enough to hold it in place when pressure was applied.
The Sig 239 is about the smallest gun I actually enjoy to shoot as show in the comparison pic above the 239 has the pinky extension that gives it just enough more to keep my pinky from sliding under the magazine with pressure.
The compact had a very nice feel to it in the hand, though for my uses I see no need for it once the standard size is released.
The trigger was very smooth and consistent, though I found the DA pull to be a bit heavier than I expected though again very very smooth.
The only thing I did not like was how shallow the slide is. I just did not feel I was getting a very good grip on the slide to rack it. Many times I was getting ahold of more of the frame than the slide and would not get a solid or consistent rack of the slide. I presume if I was racking the slide with a loaded mag I would have caused a couple jams.
I found that I had to have my index finger and thumb almost parallel with the slide to get a solid grip on it. Other pistols with a deeper slide my thumb and index finger are more perpendicular.
Something I would have to adjust to. I am looking forward to the release of the standard to see if it gains any slide depth.
If it doesn't I am not sure I will be picking one up. Just does not feel right to me.
The build quality seems impeccable.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
Thanks for the input Donna. Smile

tundra, Your P239 comparison is outstanding. I have been considering the 239. This SDP looks like the solution.

Many thanks to Para for this unique resource. There's no other like it on the Internet.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black92LX:
I got to handle both yesterday.../QUOTE]

Where did you happen to find them? I've been looking all over for one in the wild and haven't had any luck at all.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black92LX:
I got to handle both yesterday.../QUOTE]

Where did you happen to find them? I've been looking all over for one in the wild and haven't had any luck at all.

Bud's

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Black, the SDP Standard won't be any different in that regard. It will be the exact same as the compact, just a longer slide and barrel. I'm over a 1000 rounds through them so far and I have XL sized hands. Hasn't been a problem for me once. The reason the slide sits in the frame like this can only be seen once you shoot one and you see your groups. You figure out real quick why they went this way, accuracy. Complete non-issue for me but one gun or platform won't be right for everyone because you can't please everyone.

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
The slide in the frame is the design of the P210, and what a lovely gun that is!

I know now that after I have ordered a sub-compacted is a hell of a time to ask, but is the magazine a double stack or a staggered stack like a Hi Power? I have read both descriptions.

MP

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mec Gar makes the magazines and they are double stack. If you are used to a mec gar Sig P Series mag, you'll be right at home.

Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Bud's

Must be relatively new there because the last time I was there, the guy behind the counter didn't even know what they were.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rudodgg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I talked to Nick @ MS. He said the subcompact is going to be a while. They still have the compact and haven't made a mold yet for the compact. rudodgg's was probably a one off for now. They are accepting orders for the compact it's just that the weather hasn't been cooperative for him to make a permanent mold and needs to be done outside.

Rudo, got the email, thank you sir. I'll do what I can but will have to wait until the Compact is sent back to Kriss first.

yea it might be a while, I placed my order with MS around June last year, they didn't get the Sphinx T&E till Jan this year... so I waited about 8 months for my VM2 for my Sphinx Frown

Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I got to handle both yesterday and they sure a solid piece.
For the subcompact to work for me I would need a bit of a pinky extension as the bottom of the mag hits just at the top of my pinky but not quite enough to hold it in place when pressure was applied.
The Sig 239 is about the smallest gun I actually enjoy to shoot as show in the comparison pic above the 239 has the pinky extension that gives it just enough more to keep my pinky from sliding under the magazine with pressure.
The compact had a very nice feel to it in the hand, though for my uses I see no need for it once the standard size is released.
The trigger was very smooth and consistent, though I found the DA pull to be a bit heavier than I expected though again very very smooth.
The only thing I did not like was how shallow the slide is. I just did not feel I was getting a very good grip on the slide to rack it. Many times I was getting ahold of more of the frame than the slide and would not get a solid or consistent rack of the slide. I presume if I was racking the slide with a loaded mag I would have caused a couple jams.
I found that I had to have my index finger and thumb almost parallel with the slide to get a solid grip on it. Other pistols with a deeper slide my thumb and index finger are more perpendicular

Something I would have to adjust to. I am looking forward to the release of the standard to see if it gains any slide depth.
If it doesn't I am not sure I will be picking one up. Just does not feel right to me.
The build quality seems impeccable.

Just so you know, the Standard size has been released and is currently available. I've been looking at one on the net and confirmed availability by phone with the dealer that actually has several on hand ready to ship.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post