SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNW:
I've been trolling this thread all summer, I'm getting the itch. I think I will wait for a larger version for the range as it would be hard to put down my P01. Hoping they come out with a STR. Big Grin

Word is that Late September -- Early October is a projected date for the Standard size to hit the street.
Just what I am hearing from Sphinx/ Kriss-USA.

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Still having a big problem with my Subcompact. I love the pistol but after 4-5 range sessions it's still shooting way low and to the right even when I cover the target. Doesn't matter if it's 5/10/15/25 yards, it's shooting 6 or more inches low WITH the target covered completely by the front dot/post. I was hoping it would change with some break in. Tried Hornady ammo, WWB, Federal, still way off. Time to call Kriss. Love the pistol so it's killing me that the elevation is so wacky. Mi can't wait to get it right. Maybe an adjustable rear would do the trick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Great News!

Duotones are shipping to me today or tomorrow from Shinx.

I have 2 coming in about Monday or Tuesday! Arriving sooner rather than later ..

Ordered more Duotones today for customers jumping on board!
The Compacts are shipping to me also and I even have the Sub-Compact Alphas coming in here on Monday!

We are about to get this party started (again)
Already sold many Compact Alphas and Sub-Compact Alphas -- Now gonna make a Run at the Duotones.
Can't Wait To HOLD one -- In Person! Eek

Thanks,
Donna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MississippiGal,

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing this thread for a while and finally bit. Ordered a Duotone from Donna... Can't wait to see it!

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Congrat DaBigBR,

My Compact Alpha feels/shoots fantastic and the fit and finish are flawless. I can't wait for my Duotone to arrive.

Anyone who's a fan of the All Steel , All German Sigs should Love the Sphinx Duotones.
Down the road, I predict there are going to be a lot of folks regretting they didn't buy these SWISS beauties when they had the chance.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Ditto, getting highly interested in the duotone.

Yet to see one in person.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
Mine should ship mid-week next week.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Well you guys sucked me into emailing Donna, dang Ramen noodles again this fall and winter.....

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Duotone Compact is temping but I really want a Standard or a Duotone Competition.

Posts: 413 | Registered: July 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikencP226:
I've had a sub compact on order for over a month. My LGS has been telling me that Sphinx has been running a large contract for military/police and won't ship additional subcompact units until thecontracthasbeen fulfilled.

Anyone else hear anything about this? I keep checking every week, and am being told the same thing.

New batch of subcompacts should be available next week. I've got to pay someone $46 I owe them then I'm putting one out of this batch on reserve. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by mikencP226:
I've had a sub compact on order for over a month. My LGS has been telling me that Sphinx has been running a large contract for military/police and won't ship additional subcompact units until thecontracthasbeen fulfilled.

Anyone else hear anything about this? I keep checking every week, and am being told the same thing.

New batch of subcompacts should be available next week. I've got to pay someone $46 I owe them then I'm putting one out of this batch on reserve. Big Grin

I'm picking up mine this morning from my FFL.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had a sub compact on order for over a month. My LGS has been telling me that Sphinx has been running a large contract for military/police and won't ship additional subcompact units until the contract has been fulfilled.

I do not know if this is true or not but I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the sub-compact has had teething issues. I have seen reports of quiet a few going back to the factory due to the gun locking up with multiple brands of ammo.

Mine went back and had the barrel, slide lock, guide rod and the pivot pin. They also replaced the rear sight for me which had a tooling mark. The customer service side was great. IIRC it was door to door with a call tag paid for by them in 15 days.

It would not surprise me if some of the parts for the subcompact are a bit too tight and cause the pistol to be out of spec. This could have delayed shipping on more sub-compacts but that is all speculation.

Since mine has returned it has been 100%. It is dead on accurate and came back from Kriss with a DA pull that is 8lbs 13oz avg of 5 pulls and the SA is 4lbs 12ozs again avg of 5 pulls. IT is super slick! Need about another 500 round out of it and it will go onto my belt.

One thing I have noticed about holsters for the compact and the subcompact. All of the holsters I have tried that fit the compact also fit the sub-compact perfectly. I have a Bravo Concealment Kydek OWB, Safariland Kydek and a Milt Sparks VMII. The sub compact rides a little short but it is snug and I would not think twice about using it in a compact holster.

Posts: 413 | Registered: July 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great now I have another handgun to add to my list, watched some videos and this seems to meet almost every carry requirement and has a good enough trigger for range duty

Posts: 200 | Registered: June 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WVsigP228:

I do not know if this is true or not but I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the sub-compact has had teething issues. I have seen reports of quiet a few going back to the factory due to the gun locking up with multiple brands of ammo.

Not disagreeing with you but keep in mind there are plenty of us who bought one that haven't had a single issue. I got mine in February and have run a gamut of ammunition through it, 115, 124, 147, fmj, jhp, +p, +p+. Wide variety. I know Tundra got his shortly after mine and hasn't had any issues either. I'm about to order my second one. Maybe time of production has something to do with the issues some have had.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to jump in here this morning to tell that I had a customer order a "Wolf Grey Compact Alpha Threaded Barrel " pistol yesterday --

it should be arriving Mid- Week along with the Duotones and Compact Alphas I have coming in.

So this will be my first "Hands On" Wolf Grey Threaded Barrel and also Duotones.

This is gonna be good!

Have A Great Weekend All.

Donna

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MississippiGal:
Just wanted to jump in here this morning to tell that I had a customer order a "Wolf Grey Compact Alpha Threaded Barrel " pistol yesterday --

it should be arriving Mid- Week along with the Duotones and Compact Alphas I have coming in.

So this will be my first "Hands On" Wolf Grey Threaded Barrel and also Duotones.

This is gonna be good!

Have A Great Weekend All.

Donna

You have been one busy lady! Big Grin

I took a chance buying my first Sphinx Compact Alpha based on long time member(s) Prefontaine And tundrav84wd's excellent reviews. I'm usually someone who needs to see/hold a pistol before I take the plunge. My gut feeling was they were everything they said they were. I was so impressed with the Compact Alpha that I know the Duotones are going to be incredible. I've owned a lot of pistols over the years including Wilson Combat, HK, Sig Sauer etc., but I don't remember being more impressed with a pistol. I can't wait to get my hands on that Duotone.
You have been a real pleasure to work with! It doesn't get any better.

P.S.
Take one of MusProd's magazines out and put it in my box. He will never miss it. Razz

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those looking to fine tune their POI for their pistols, I removed the stock rear sight to replace them with Novak adjustable type. I did this on both my Compact and SubCompact. From Brownells, the part #is 625-000-009WB. Price is $69. I don't care for night sights, so this modification with standard sights suites me fine. The dovetail on the slide is 0.495 with 65 degree.

Be prepared to apply some heat to remove the stock rear sight. Those sets screws are loc-tited down. On one of my pistols, the Novak sight was a little looser than I liked, so I peened the sight a bit. Then applied loc-tite to the Novak set screw. This is a great mod to an already excellent pistol(s).

I shoot quite a bit of highpower using a 6 o'clock hold, so my sight picture with the pistol mimics 6 o'clock. This sight allows me to adjust elevation precisely.

I have pictures of both pistols with the Novak sights installed if anyone wants to see them. Just don't have a way to post them up.

On another note, like others here, my SubCompact is finicky when it comes ammo. For those who sent their pistol back to Kriss, does anyone know what they did to the chamber? Just polish? Or finish reamer? Hornady 147 XTP shoots really well in my Compact. I'd like to carry one round for both pistols, but the Hornady doesn't chamber well in the SubCompact.

Thanks.

Mark

Posts: 6 | Registered: September 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
oxcart13 email me the pictures and I will post them for you.
I and I am sures others want to see your pistol.
Email is in my profile.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littlepoison
posted Hide Post
General question;
I purchased a Sphinx SDP recently and had a question about the surface in the slide. It was my understanding that the portion of the slide that makes contact with the hammer was supposed to be totally polished, but mine has a spot at the rear that is not. Do your SDP compacts have the same?

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
On another note, like others here, my SubCompact is finicky when it comes ammo. For those who sent their pistol back to Kriss, does anyone know what they did to the chamber? Just polish? Or finish reamer? Hornady 147 XTP shoots really well in my Compact. I'd like to carry one round for both pistols, but the Hornady doesn't chamber well in the SubCompact.

Great information re: the sights.

As to the "choking" issue on the Sub: I sent mine back, and they polished the feed ramp and replaced the take down lever. The door to door time was under 1 week.

The chamber seemed fine from the beginning with all rounds dropping in and spinning freely. My issue was only with the very short OAL Cor-Bon +P.

The feed ramp glistened before sending it in, but the take down lever pin was all "buggered up", so I assume it was the take down lever that was at fault. The pistol runs perfectly now. I shoot Federal HST 147 gr. +P and Blazer Brass 124 gr. with no issues.

I have a new DuoTone Compact coming in, and I certainly except it to feed both of these rounds without issue.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post