SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Precision and superb value for $800....Sphinx SDP Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MusProd:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
If the Compact Alpha works out, I am going to see if MississippiGal can locate me a Duotone.

I purchased by Subcompact from Donna and asked her for pricing on a Compact earlier today. She's great to deal with.

MP

I talked to Donna for the first time earlier this week. Very nice Lady. She was very helpful and I have no doubt she could locate just about anything I need. I look forward to future transactions.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Subcompact and 2 extra mags from Donna yesterday. Also ordered a Stealthgear Onyx for it. I have one for my 320C and i really like it.

Now the waiting begins. Frown

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
Ordered a Subcompact and 2 extra mags from Donna yesterday. Also ordered a Stealthgear Onyx for it.

This is exactly what I have. I am very pleased with this setup.

MP

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
You were a very positive role model. Cool

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
I have been following this thread for awhile and I think that it is time to get one of these pistols. Gonna go order a compact tomorrow from my LGS. Thanks for making my wallet lighter Smile

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MusProd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by siggers:
I have been following this thread for awhile and I think that it is time to get one of these pistols. Gonna go order a compact tomorrow from my LGS. Thanks for making my wallet lighter Smile

I guess I am just "paying forward" as two of my friends just love to spend my money.

The prices can vary by an easy couple of hundred dollars or more depending where you buy from. Check with MississippiGal if only for a price check as I have found her pricing to be excellent along with great service

MP.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: October 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MusProd:
quote:
Originally posted by siggers:

I guess I am just "paying forward" as two of my friends just love to spend my money.

The prices can vary by an easy couple of hundred dollars or more depending where you buy from. Check with MississippiGal if only for a price check as I have found her pricing to be excellent along with great service

MP.

She was just slightly higher than the two big guys, but her personal service and the extra mags she found were top rate. That won me over!

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The thing with Donna is personal service, killer mag prices, great shipping costs and long term business. Once you buy one, you are in the club and that club has benefits.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my Sphinx Sub Compact for 4 months and after 1100 rounds is isn't getting any better. Out of the box I had a number of FTF and the slide release was tough. But i don't judge a firearm on its first 500 rounds. Sure enough, the FTF diasppeared, the slide release is now good and the Sub Compact is phenomenal. I was waiting for the Standard model to become available but who knows on that one. So it comes down to a Duo Tone Compact or the standard Compact. The Duo looks great but is a lot heavier. Either compact is strictly a range gun and I am not one for Bling. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The full size is just over a month away. If there are any delays that pop up between now and then I'm pretty sure fall at the absolute latest.

I guess you have to ask yourself if you are going to want the full set, sub, compact, and full size. I really like the compact alpha. I've got two of them.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Hey guys. I own the Subcompact and need to order 2-3 additional factory OEM mags and an IWB holster. Never been a fan of hard Kydex. Is there a more flexible, high quality leather option you recommend, that is made specifically for the Subcompact? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sickafance
Picture of mikencP226
posted Hide Post
I've had a sub compact on order for over a month. My LGS has been telling me that Sphinx has been running a large contract for military/police and won't ship additional subcompact units until thecontracthasbeen fulfilled.

Anyone else hear anything about this? I keep checking every week, and am being told the same thing.

-----------------------
No confíe en esta administración el mal!

Posts: 7476 | Location: Triangle @ 760 | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikencP226:
I've had a sub compact on order for over a month. My LGS has been telling me that Sphinx has been running a large contract for military/police and won't ship additional subcompact units until thecontracthasbeen fulfilled.

Anyone else hear anything about this? I keep checking every week, and am being told the same thing.

Have not heard that but they are readily available from Donna, Buds and a number of internet dealers.

NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Jackson leather makes both OWB and IWB leather holsters for the subCompact

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The full size is just over a month away. If there are any delays that pop up between now and then I'm pretty sure fall at the absolute latest.

I guess you have to ask yourself if you are going to want the full set, sub, compact, and full size. I really like the compact alpha. I've got two of them.

I love my duotone compact, so it only makes sense to get the duotone full size when it becomes available. The Production version will be following that. These guns just drip quality.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this very nice thread.

Dumb question: What is the difference between the Compact Black and the Compact Alpha?

Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Compact Black is all aluminum. Compact Alpha is aluminum upper frame and polymer lower frame/trigger guard.

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by artoffence:
Compact Black is all aluminum. Compact Alpha is aluminum upper frame and polymer lower frame/trigger guard.

Thank you. That makes sense.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
The easy way to identify the Alpha gun from the metal guns is to look at the front strap area. Notice on mine pictured above, it has vertical lines on the front strap. The Alphas have what looks like texturing.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post