SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26...obsolete?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26...obsolete? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Any handguns that I cannot put the pinky finger on the grip will never be considered, whether they are obsolete or remains hugely popular.

Q

Posts: 26337 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Yes, but you put them on. What was that, a $150-ish project? I'm talking comparing the two to purchase one new as they come from the factory.

The Sig factory sights (x-ray) are marginal in appearance; they're subdued to the point of being practically invisible with glasses on, unlike other sights with more contrast. By comparison, if the issue is factory sights, the Glock plastic sights with a white box and white dot front are far more visible, and less expensive.

I seldom keep factory sights. The only reason that my P365 retained the xray sights is because they're low profile and anything else I'd have put there would stick up more, which isn't a plus in a pocket pistol. The x-rays are marginally better than the siglight sights, which are nearly useless except as an outline; the xrays improve on that perhaps by a very narrow edge simply because they're low and flat and non-snag. They have terrible contrast, which isn't a benefit when one is trying to use the front sight for something other than a shape.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To those who love the Glock 26. I have had my gen 2.5 for many years, since they came out. Carried it for years in my pocket with the ten rounder. I like it a lot. Very adaptable. Lots of accessories. Different capacity magazines. But now I just use it as my home defense gun with a 12 rounder. Feels good. But I don’t carry it now. That is because I have had a p365 for a year. It is smaller and shoots really well. And it fits my hand even better. That Sig just hits the sweet spot.

(To Q. If you put a 12 rounder on the Glock 26 with extension, most likely, you can put your pinky on it and it will work better for you.)

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
My Gen 4 26 works great with the Magpul 12-round mag. It gives you a very nice pinky rest.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Same for the G27...not obsolete...please don’t hate me Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I don't think so either, I CCW a Glock 26 Gen 3, but I also live in CA and don't want to pay over $1k for a cool new subcompact. I actually really like my 26, anyway, it's a great little gun that I can toss in a pocket, or my usual IWB holster. I also like that I can carry spare mags in the 10rd, 21rd, 27rd, and 33rd variety. Only wish I bought OEM 15 and 17 rounders as well but oh well.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
My Glock 19 has since replaced my G26 for carry now that I've found the right holster setup that I'm satisfied with.

That being said, I think I would go with my G26 if I had to choose only 1 handgun to keep.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Glock needs to do some updating to the G26. Add a light rail, maybe have a MOS version. Not everyone wants a thin pocket gun in this class. So added features might improve it's sales.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Same for the G27...not obsolete...please don’t hate me Wink

Same here, G27 most of the time.
The 26/27 platform have the perfect combination of features to make it a good CCW choice.
Sure, compared to others it’s a little thick, but the offset of how it shoots accurately like a full size gun makes up for it.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kellmark:
(To Q. If you put a 12 rounder on the Glock 26 with extension, most likely, you can put your pinky on it and it will work better for you.)

I know about various mag extensions for the G26, but they just defeat the purpose of the compactness of the gun. Just no way I'm going for the G26, when the P365 is smaller, holds the same number of rounds, and I can get all the fingers on the grip even with the non-pinky 10-rounder.

Q

Posts: 26337 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I never liked the way the 26 felt in my hand. To bulky and I would get nicked by the slide. Years ago before the 9mm sub market explosion, I went with the Kahr PM9 and loved it. Now, I carry the G43 and it’s perfect all around for me.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the S&W shield. With 8 round mags it fits my hand nicely and carries much better then the 26. So for me it is obsolete.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by kellmark:

I know about various mag extensions for the G26, but they just defeat the purpose of the compactness of the gun. Just no way I'm going for the G26, when the P365 is smaller, holds the same number of rounds, and I can get all the fingers on the grip even with the non-pinky 10-rounder.

Sure. Very reasonable position.

Some people just shoot the G26 class guns better though than the minis like the P365, Hellcats,...

For those people, the G26 still makes sense.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My gen2.5 G26 is so obsolete, it's on its third set of Trijicons. Yep.

Set 1: 1996-2006

Set 2: 2006-2016

Set 3: 2016 to today.

See ya in 2026!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Obsolete?

Nope. But then I don't think a Colt SAA is obsolete. It can still shoot holes in things quite nicely. My Gen 3s are keepers, they serve nicely in our defense strategy.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Obsolete?

Nope. But then I don't think a Colt SAA is obsolete. It can still shoot holes in things quite nicely. My Gen 3s are keepers, they serve nicely in our defense strategy.

What do I know. I still like the Smith J frames.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My gen2.5 G26 is so obsolete, it's on its third set of Trijicons. Yep.

Set 1: 1996-2006

Set 2: 2006-2016

Set 3: 2016 to today.

See ya in 2026!

Technically, according to the Dictionary definition a Gen 2.5 Glock is definitely "Obsolete" as it's "of a kind or style that is no longer current" i.e. old fashioned version, not the current production 4th or 5th gen Glock 26

Historically of course there is all sorts of examples of people continuing to use "obsolete"/old fashioned/out of production weapons (I do too)

Definition of Obsolete according to Merriam-Webster

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a : no longer in use or no longer useful; an obsolete word

1b : of a kind or style no longer current i.e. old-fashioned; an obsolete technology; farming methods that are now obsolete

Posts: 1470 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
So, since the earlier iterations are still in use and considered useful by many, by definition they wouldn’t qualify as obsolete.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buddyRoland
posted Hide Post
Nah, the G26 is my forever weapon. I own a P365, G43, G43x and G19 but my G26 stays in the rotation. My favorite CCW is my G43x with the Shield 15 magazine but my G26 is one of my favorites. It shoots like a G19 or G17 to me and the reason I love Glocks.

God Bless America

Posts: 3490 | Location: Dale City, VA | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post