SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26...obsolete?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26...obsolete? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The P365 is just as reliable as the G26?

Well...

*coughcough*

And that's two magazines with the same issue, not one, so...

Maybe in a few years. Y'see, this is why using a pistol that's been around 25 years can be advantageous. All those teething problems get worked out, not that I can recall Glock factory mags behaving the way described in that thread.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oopsie, what's this?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7690030374/p/1

Hmmmmmmmmmm........

Not as serious as it first looked, but, still, things are getting worked out, y'see. The G26? Nothing to work out. No surprises. The G26 just works and works and works. A quarter of a century is plenty of time to discover such things. Meanwhile, the P365 is still teething.

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Back a few years ago I contemplated getting a AR Pistol for the truck for round capability. My son-in-lawn traduced me to the G26 I purchased a couple 33 round mags and stored one in the truck. I think the G26 is one of my best shooters with zero problems, it is one of my best purchases to date. I know of no other small pistol that is so versatile and dependable.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's no other pistol its size class which takes a 33 round factory magazine.

Conceivably, a man could ankle-carry a 33 round Glock magazine. These days, that doesn't sound all that nutty, does it?

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, there's no other pistol its size class which takes a 33 round factory magazine.

Conceivably, a man could ankle-carry a 33 round Glock magazine. These days, that doesn't sound all that nutty, does it?

Sadly no

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Coincidentally, I posted this pic in another forum today Cool

My Gen 3 G26 OD with a factory magazine.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The factory 24 rounders fit nicely in the back pocket.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like G26, and still have G19 Gen5, there is a lot invested in Glocks over the years. But my carry gun is CZ P-10S. It is heavier than G26, fully loaded it is close to 29.5 oz. But it is such a good fitting, accurate gun out of the box. I do not need a mag extension for it to grip right. Plus you can carry a 21rd mag from P-10F with it.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll come at this from a slightly different viewpoint. After years of carrying a 17 while working, then moving to a 19 I have a whole lot of time developing muscle memory for grip/draw/finger placement. The 26 feels exactly the same when I reach for it (I'm fond of the Glock 12 rounder mags). I picked up a Shield in 9mm and couldn't make the grip transition. Too much trigger finger due to the smaller grip so I pushed my shots. Sold it and never looked back.
My favorite range guns are CZs but EDC will be a 26 until I'm too feeble to put it on. As long as cops still carry full size Glocks the 26 is a natural.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Add me to the Big Fan of the G26 club. I’ve had one for over 10 years and nary a hiccup. Bought it to carry while working a side job in mowing/landscaping because I wasn’t about to subject my 229 to the dirt and humidity. I cleaned it when I first bought it, maybe twice since then and it has never skipped a beat. The size, capacity, track record, mag interchangeability (also with the AR9s I have) accuracy...no other pistol checks off all those categories for me.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I just got back one of my "obsolete" Glock 26s from Battlewerx. I had the slide milled for an RMR. I elected to remove the rear sight dovetail so the RMR is as far back as possible. I really like it, and it still fits all of my usual holsters.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have had a G26 for probably 15 years. Great little pistol. Easier to shoot than the g43 and includes more capacity and cross compatibility. Practice with it on a regular basis without being able to recall a malfunction.

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've had several other compact 9mm's but not the P356 ... but I've had the P250, G43, xD9, Kimber micro-9 to name a few and I keep coming back to the G26.

Obsolete? No.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post