SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    cz scorpion s2 micro?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz scorpion s2 micro? Login/Join 
posted
was looking up some SKU's CZ's website and saw this:
s2 micro pistol

hope it comes true. wondering if the "S2" has more options than just this...even though its pretty attractive option.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very close to how I modified my CZ, using the HBI short barrel and micro handguard. I want to sbr it and add a zhukov stock.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That at least looks like a pistol.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
That is very close to how I modified my CZ, using the HBI short barrel and micro handguard. I want to sbr it and add a zhukov stock.

That’s just what I was thinking. With the K length barrel/handguard the Scorpion gets very short. I SBR’d my carbine and it’s a blast.

Crappy cell phone pic of mine with the Octane attached via 3 lug.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a 3 lug on mine too and waiting for an Omega 9k.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I would love that!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Bad ass! Uh oh!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got one of the HBI hand guard, 5 inch barrel conversion pistols that inspired CZ to offer this product from the factory.

Cons include the fact that even the factory version looks set to sell for $1100.00 once supplies catch up with demand. And honestly, for the Allen screws, roll pin and polymer construction, it just doesn't feel enough went into these guns to justify that cost. They are even straight blowback, but cost as much as a good mid tier AR.

We also need to list the horrible ergonomics here. Terrible grip angle, awkward safety location, heavy trigger poundage, weird magazine release and charging handle size lead many CZ owners to dump at least another $200 in parts to address.

Lastly, in cons is the odd for a supposed service weapon lack of a proven factory magazine option. The first 2 gens had feed lip cracking issues reported. The third gen, pmag inspired looker is really new to the market. So, we owners buy magazines from Prepper Gun Shop and Palmetto State Armory. Grateful for the options, I own both and prefer the PSA offering. However, neither of the company's to my knowledge have experience designing and fielding mags of their design prior to these endeavors. I could be wrong.

Ok, past all of the real life drawbacks, the gun is great in usage. I polished my feed ramp to allow the usage of steel cased ammo and haven't looked back. Accuracy is high note and one I think I can speak to as my barrel is a cut down CZ barrel.

The S2 package is great for back packing and really carries well. It is an easy gun to live with in this role and fills the PDW position just fine. They are easy to clean with only the massive bolt and barrel to real focus on. Reliability has been good.

I would recommend cross shopping this with the Vector or Ruger PCC if you can get away with the length.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kalford,

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a new CZ Scorpion Micro a couple of days ago. I was fortunate enough to find it online from a seller that chose to sell it at a reasonable price ($1059) unlike others who are charging a premium because of it's scarceness.
I've had a chance to take it to the range twice so far and it's a blast to shoot. Very accurate and 100% reliable, it's becoming one of my favorite firearms.
kalford hit the nail right on the head. It's a fantastic little gun but the ergonomics of it sucks. Generally I keep all my firearms pretty much stock. I occasionally do some minor upgrades for either functionality or appearance, but the Scorpion is one gun that really needs some minor modifications to make it shine. The things I'm going to address will be adding another brand grip that is more vertical, changing out the safety control lever, changing the trigger springs to a lighter set along with a new flat trigger, and change the charging handle to a larger one. Fortunately modification for the Scorpion are relatively cheap and it's one of the easiest platforms to work on that I've seen.
It's a little disappointing to buy a new firearm and have to turn around and spend more money to modify it, but from reading others' reviews I knew what to expect. In a way it's a lot like an AR as far as personalizing it to your tastes. How many people do you know that buy an AR and not make a lot of additions to it?
The gun really is fun to shoot, so once these minor problems are addressed, I'm sure that I'm really going to enjoy owning this new CZ.
Again, like kalford said, the price is getting up there, especially considering it's largely polymer construction, but if you compare it to the competition (Kriss Vector, MPX, PTR and others) it is several hundreds cheaper. And as far as the polymer construction, the Scorpion has been in use in military and police applications around the world for years so evidently it's a pretty robust design. So far I've yet to hear of any major problems with it.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a little disappointing to buy a new firearm and have to turn around and spend more money to modify it

This is one reason I grabbed the MPX before they jacked the price up. I grabbed the MPX for like $1,200 and slapped the brace on it. Done.

By the time I bought the scorpion & put $2-$300 into it. I was real close to the cost of the MPX.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Can you make your thread title more descriptive so people don't have to click in to see why you've posted.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I made one out of a Scorpion regular pistol. I wanted an integral tri lug on the barrel, so I figured I was going to change out the barrel anyways, there was no point in waiting for the factory one.

It’s a blast to shoot. Putting the binary in it was a riot! I highly recommend the franklin armory binary for the giggle factor alone.

One of my favorite parts of the Scorpion is all of the aftermarket support. They’re cheap enough that you can play around and dress it up how you’d like and play. I’ll proabaly build another one of some sort to add to this one and my SBR Scorpion.

Have y’all seen Rob Ski’s test of the Scorpion? They’re are built like tanks! He’s pouring sand into the action while shooting and it doesn’t skip a beat. He still has 1k rounds to go to finish his standard 5k round test, but here is the 4K round update with the sand test.

Link to vid: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFfPQcqbVE

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post