SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x trigger advice please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x trigger advice please Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I’m wanting to improve the trigger on my Glock 43x, I’m wanting to lighten it up some. Any advice on the best option? Thank you.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Would usually suggest competition trigger spring combined with “-“ OEM connector.

Can’t find the spring for the 43x but here is the other half of the equation.....assuming this works for the 43x as well....

https://www.glockmeister.com/G.../productinfo/G33564/

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Try the Overwatch Precision DAT trigger. It's not supposed to be lighter but it feels lighter. Also feels better on the finger, with the wide flat face.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Take a look at GHOST parts for Glocks, they offer Connectors which reduce the felt pull as well as reduced power springs for the firing pin safety plunger and the firing pin (some call it the Striker).

Also, many folks do what is called a ".25 cent trigger job" which is gently polishing the internal parts to make the trigger pull smoother. (many vids on Utube)

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
https://occustomtriggers.com/m...B736.p3plqscsfapp001

I read a lot about these triggers before I bought.
So far works for me, but I have to admit, it is the only custom trigger I ever bought.

The flat option really makes a difference on the OC over stock.much more comfortable on the trigger finger

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I had a Ghost Pro connector installed in my G48 which is the same frame as the 43X, it was custom fitted by a local gun smith, smoothed out the trigger significantly, not expensive at all.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Ghost 3.5 connector and the Overwatch PolyDAT flat trigger in my G48. The Ghost with the stock trigger was lighter but still not perfect. Adding the PolyDAT made a big difference. The flat face, and less obtrusive trigger safety, really makes the pistol much more shootable. Both were drop in parts, less than $100 invested.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also agree that changing the trigger shoe out makes a world of difference with the trigger pull, even if it is only perceived. Years ago I bought one for one of my pistols and could not believe how much of a change it made without actually lowering the weight of the pull.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
The Glock is an amazing gun consisting of 34 parts.
Factory trigger bar and connector create the trigger pull. As GCE61 referred to the "25 cent trigger job"--just polishing theses components will lighten and smooth out the perceived trigger pull on a Glock. Taking down a Glock is not difficult--replacing the trigger bar and connector is drop in simple.
Option 1) Disassemble Glock--polish the trigger bar and connector with Flitz and buffing wheel on a Dremel.(DIY)
Option 2) Disassemble Glock-replace the connector with a replacement connector.(DIY or pay for install)
While the Glock is dissembled-replace the slide lock with an extended slide lock. Besides the Factory Glock trigger- my second upgrade would be the slide release. I find it difficult to release the slide, using the factory slide release.
The factory trigger bar and the factory connector come from the factory mass produced with rough surfaces. Just firing the gun over time with smooth out these areas.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Would usually suggest competition trigger spring combined with “-“ OEM connector.

Can’t find the spring for the 43x but here is the other half of the equation.....assuming this works for the 43x as well....

I believe the 43, 43x, and 48 already come with an OEM minus connector. Per the all-knowing interwebs, some of the early 43's came with the heavier connector but could not meet the advertised 5.5lb pull. As a result, Glock replaced the heavier connector with the 33564 part #. Both my 43 and 48 came with the 33564 connector.

OP, Check the part number on the bottom tab of the connector to make sure. Changing the trigger shoe also helps. There are many to choose from and everybody will tell you the one they run is the absolute bast. I have Apex shoes and OEM trigger bars in all my Glocks. It is comfortable on the finger and works well for me. The trigger safety goes flush and does not stick out when engaging like the factory.

I have used extended slide releases before. I always found them uncomfortable on my right thumb during my grip. I also had a tendency to lower that thumb to avoid discomfort and ended up pushing up and engaging the slide release locking the slide back during a firing cycle. The wife on the other hand can't release the slide without one.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:

I believe the 43, 43x, and 48 already come with an OEM minus connector. Per the all-knowing interwebs, some of the early 43's came with the heavier connector but could not meet the advertised 5.5lb pull. As a result, Glock replaced the heavier connector with the 33564 part #. Both my 43 and 48 came with the 33564 connector.

OP, Check the part number on the bottom tab of the connector to make sure. Changing the trigger shoe also helps. There are many to choose from and everybody will tell you the one they run is the absolute bast. I have Apex shoes and OEM trigger bars in all my Glocks. It is comfortable on the finger and works well for me. The trigger safety goes flush and does not stick out when engaging like the factory.

I have used extended slide releases before. I always found them uncomfortable on my right thumb during my grip. I also had a tendency to lower that thumb to avoid discomfort and ended up pushing up and engaging the slide release locking the slide back during a firing cycle. The wife on the other hand can't release the slide without one.

Gordy is correct. Here is the descriptor for the part referenced above....

“....Most up to date connector offered by GLOCK that offers a significantly lighter trigger pull as opposed to the original G33215”.

If it’s out there somewhere in Glockland for the 43, 43x, 48 series, the heavier competition trigger spring will lighten the pull not make it heavier.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post