SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .22 or .22WMR speed strips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 or .22WMR speed strips? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Anybody got a source for GOOD ones? I ordered some from Amazon and they were completely unusable, made of some sort of REALLY stiff plastic, nearly impossible to get the cartridges seated, and when you did, it would fall out as you struggled to seat the next one. Just horrible. I left a suitably-worded review and returned them.

Would love to find one made of actual rubber like the Bianchi units I use with my .38/.357 rounds.

I like the strips as they lay flat in my pocket and are easy to carry. Traditional speed loaders really aren't practical for everyday carry.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
What kind did you get?

I've had Tuff Product ones for a few years with no real problems.

http://tuffproducts.com/7002-quickstrips-black-2-set

I have them for for 10 or 11 different calibers, .22 through 12ga.
I do need to contact them though, I found this fall that one set/caliber I have started to crumble?? All the other one's have been far for years.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
What kind did you get?

I've had Tuff Product ones for a few years with no real problems.

http://tuffproducts.com/7002-quickstrips-black-2-set

I have them for for 10 or 11 different calibers, .22 through 12ga.
I do need to contact them though, I found this fall that one set/caliber I have started to crumble?? All the other one's have been far for years.

I also have several Tuff Products speed strips, including for my .22 revolvers and have never had any problems with them. Though in all fairness I have not used the .22 caliber strips near as much as I’ve used the .32 and .38 caliber versions.

One thing I do with all speed strips, if possible, is order ones that hold more cartridges than my gun. So I use 10 round strips for my 6 shot .22lr. I find it gives me a lot larger area to grab while I’m using it. That may also lead to less wear on the strip since the area I’m flexing is thicker and meant for cartridges.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All mine are from Tuff. They take a little break in, but after that, no problem.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My experience is ALL speed strips / quick strips eventually crumble into pieces. Some sooner, some later.

For this reason I'm not a real big fan of strips.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I use the Tuff products one's mentioned. I get the 10 round strips in orange, so I can easily find them in my backpack, glove box, etc. I don't carry them as a rapid reload, just an organized way of bringing along a few more rounds on a hunt or walkabout.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I had these. They were so stiff it was a major struggle to get one cartridge seated and when you flexed it to seat the second one, the first one fell out.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a vague recollection of trying 22 Tuff quick strips and having the same issue. They are probably floating around somewhere in my junk.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried speed strips for .22; I don't believe I'd want to peel one off rimfire cartridges. I use them in .38 and .357, but the Bianchi strips. I tried the "tuff strips," and they crumbled. I never had a problem with the Bianchi products, and I like them a lot better than a speed loader for pocket carry.

I view them the same as a dump pouch, just a bit more organized. Two rounds loaded at a time, and it's a lot easier off of a speed strip than a dump pouch.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Paul
Those Quickstrips (in black) are what I use. Mine are a couple years old. They are a little hard to load the first few times but eventually break in and work well in my experience. Were the strips you were loading real cold? Maybe that would cause trouble. Or maybe you just got some defective ones. Tuffy has good customer service. Contact them with your problem.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Paul
Those Quickstrips (in black) are what I use. Mine are a couple years old. They are a little hard to load the first few times but eventually break in and work well in my experience. Were the strips you were loading real cold? Maybe that would cause trouble. Or maybe you just got some defective ones. Tuffy has good customer service. Contact them with your problem.

They were cold having been delivered by UPS and I considered that. I left them on my desk overnight with no noticeable improvement. Perhaps I'll try the black ones as extensive surfing hasn't turned up any alternatives.