SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have the GrayGuns xCompact Grip Module?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the GrayGuns xCompact Grip Module? Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
I'm shooting my xCarry better than any "carry" gun I've found. I've put a subcompact grip module on it and I've been happy with that. It just doesn't feel quite as good as the standard grip. I'm hoping the GGI grip module will be the Goldilocks and feel JUST RIGHT. I know it's expensive, but as with everything from GGI, my expectation is the quality will be equal the price. Anybody have experience with it yet that can let me know if they can get a full grip on it? It appears that it will be equal to a 229 in size with that module? Thanks.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It is worth $450 to have a grip that's 0.2" shorter than your X-Carry grip module?

(Personally, I say no.)

The difference between the P320 Carry and Compact is literally 2/10ths of an inch. A mere 5 millimeters.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The picture and measurements are a bit deceptive. The Magazine length sticking out of the Xcarry, or Carry grip module adds to the length when carried as well. I agree, it's not a lot of difference, but there is more to it than just the advertised 5mm. When I first got my Xcarry, I looked at cutting it down myself, but came to a similar conclusion as well, that it wasn't worth it. However, after carrying it for a while, it felt like I was carrying a G17 vs a G19. $450 is a lot for a grip module, but some of the other features are of interest as well. If they didn't interest me, I would just put in a $35 compact grip module.

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
https://grayguns.com/product/p...compact-grip-module/

Looks sweet, but that's a lotta dollars for a grip - but considering what the Glock custom crowd does, it seems to be the going rate.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
It's the size I think they should have come out with for a Carry gun? I know the extra 2 rounds are nice to have, but look at how many people choose to carry a G19 vs G17. Sometimes size does matter!

posted Hide Post
I just purchased the Laser Etched version and it is most definitely the best version I have ever held from a production stand point. I have 2 more on back order. Aggressive enough for positive grip even with sweaty hands but not too aggressive to rub through your shirt on your Love handles... Smile
Length of grip is same length as Compact grip side side. See below, but with 17 round FS mag inserted it OAL is 1/8" longer. Essentially the length of the base pad of the magazine and I can use full size mags.

GrayGuns has a hit here and they are already backordered. Especially for $105.00
chuck

SFC USAR/AGR
12B/19D/79V
US Army Distinguished Pistol Shot.

Posts: 13 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Thanks eaglecp. That’s a beautiful grip. Far better looking than the Xcompact, but I’ll see if I can get one and let folks know.

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
The grips are done by boresight solutions who is one of the best in the business. I have a glock done by him and it’s my favorite pistols.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Seems to me the Laser Sculpted X-Carry module is the happy medium. There is only a 0.2" difference in the length from the Compact module and you can get it for $115 rather than $450. Part of the $115 is the $50 for the module itself, so another $65 for texturing looks pretty good to me.

When I bought my P320 Carry, I compared it with the P320 Compact and the difference was so minimal it seem to me there was not reason to go with the Compact.

I later bought an X-Carry module and swapped it out. I might go a little further and get one of the Laser sculpted ones for my VTAC.

Personally, though I'm sure the work is top notch it seems like a lot to pay about $335 for the shorting and perhaps for the different texturing. But that is me.

If you have the cash and you like the product, then why not. Not being an "elite shooter" it's very possible I just don't have a sufficiently educated "palate" to appreciate the difference.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Seems to me the Laser Sculpted X-Carry module is the happy medium. There is only a 0.2" difference in the length from the Compact module and you can get it for $115 rather than $450. Part of the $115 is the $50 for the module itself, so another $65 for texturing looks pretty good to me.

When I bought my P320 Carry, I compared it with the P320 Compact and the difference was so minimal it seem to me there was not reason to go with the Compact.

I later bought an X-Carry module and swapped it out. I might go a little further and get one of the Laser sculpted ones for my VTAC.

Personally, though I'm sure the work is top notch it seems like a lot to pay about $335 for the shorting and perhaps for the different texturing. But that is me.

If you have the cash and you like the product, then why not. Not being an "elite shooter" it's very possible I just don't have a sufficiently educated "palate" to appreciate the difference.

I have no association with Gray guns or boresight and I have never touched this specific model but my comment would be don’t underestimate the improvements it’s makes beyond texture. The fit to hand/palm and reshaping on the beaver tail and undercut while small “could” make a big difference in hand fit. Considering it is work done by Gray guns and boresight I would expect it to be fairly well dialed in. Is it twice as good as a standard grip? Pobably not, but I expect the improvement are legit if only incremental.

I was very impressed how the grip reduction and Razorback shape change moved my G19 from “meh stupid Glock” to....”wow best fitting gun I have owned”. It’s more than just texture change. And your hand is the biggest interface to the weapon.

Again I don’t wont to speak with hyperbole in how much a difference it’s going to make in shooting but I do think if I was gonna buy anyone’s grip work it would be this teams probably....understanding it’s going to be an incremental change and the last 10% of improvement is usually the most expensive.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:

I have no association with Gray guns or boresight and I have never touched this specific model but my comment would be don’t underestimate the improvements it’s makes beyond texture. The fit to hand/palm and reshaping on the beaver tail and undercut while small “could” make a big difference in hand fit. Considering it is work done by Gray guns and boresight I would expect it to be fairly well dialed in. Is it twice as good as a standard grip? Pobably not, but I expect the improvement are legit if only incremental.

I was very impressed how the grip reduction and Razorback shape change moved my G19 from “meh stupid Glock” to....”wow best fitting gun I have owned”

Again I don’t wont to speak with hyperbole in how much a difference it’s going to make in shooting but I do think if I was gonna buy anyone’s grip work it would be this teams probably....understanding it’s going to be an incremental change and the last 10% of improvement is usually the most expensive.

I'm sure they've done an exceptional job.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was very impressed how the grip reduction and Razorback shape change moved my G19 from “meh stupid Glock” to....”wow best fitting gun I have owned”. It’s more than just texture change. And your hand is the biggest interface to the weapon.

Grayguns did a G19 for you?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Grayguns did a G19 for you?

No boresight solutions did. This is a collaboration between Gray guns and boresight. Bens Simmons from boresight did the work and is one of the best in the business. Was one of the original guys in the grip work game I believe.

posted Hide Post
That is a nice cut and stipple. Real nice. It ain’t 450 dollars nice. In fact I had to go to their website because I thought it had to be a typo. Holy shit. 450 is the price and apparently they are selling out every batch they make.

Nope. I love cool stuff but that price to reality ratio is way off if it’s my checkbook. Pet rock off.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I’ll let everyone know how it works. I ordered one today! This hopefully will squelch my desire for a 229 SAO. If it does, then I saved money, right?

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I’ll let everyone know how it works. I ordered one today! This hopefully will squelch my desire for a 229 SAO. If it does, then I saved money, right?

Riiiggghhhttt.....sure

Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
You don't have to spend that much. There are other players out there. To be fair, Boresight Solution stuff is top notch. You get what you pay for. This was done by Steady Grind Design.
Finally got my X Carry done. This is compared to a P320 Compact that has the Boresight Stippled job. Enjoy!

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of holster does this module need? The xcarry or does it fit in the regular compact p320 holsters?

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Mine fits in the regular p320 compact holsters

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USCO160:
What kind of holster does this module need? The xcarry or does it fit in the regular compact p320 holsters?

The X-series grip modules don't require special holsters.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post