SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My P320RX conundrum: a poll and a karma
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My P320RX conundrum: a poll and a karma Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The 320RX Compact sounds to me like it is your best all round choice. Romeo1 and suppressor night sights all in one package. Drop in a threaded barrel and you can run suppressed, too.

I am beginning to suffer the sight problem of which you speak. I have a 320RX Compact which I bought for the same reasons you explained.

I have carried it and I didn't have an issue concealing it. The Romeo1 rides just above my belt line with the IWB holster I have. It feels the same as carrying a standard 320 Compact.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I'd say just buy a complete gun. At worst, sell the FLU and save on the kit. Also, you will be able to shoot red dot with your suppressor or add a Springer Precision Comp for a p320 Roland Special.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
I voted for full size complete gun because that's what I have. I carry the compact, but love to shoot the full size. I like the feel better.

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted for "Buy a P320RX Compact complete gun"

Just get the system you want designed from the ground up the way you want.

"We beg you, please don't squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us" 2 Cor. 6:1 The Message

Posts: 774 | Location: FL, USA | Registered: February 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I vote getting it milled for Leupold Deltapoint, biggest reason for me is that whats the .mil uses. Testing has shown they are the most reliable next to the RMR and cheaper.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I voted for the FS Complete pistol.

For me, carrying a full size slide is not the issue, it's the grip, and you can put the compact grip on it without issue.
For range (or competition) use, the full size benefits outweigh the compact's (IMHO).

As for complete pistol vs. conversion... there isn't enough of a cost savings for me. Might as well just get the full package.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I voted for the conversion kit. That way you don't have to permanently commit either way.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I voted buy the rx compact. A new pistol will have all the upgrades and you can set it up as a dedicated pistol without the hassel of switching out fcu's.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I'm an iron sight guy when it comes to handguns.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of littlepoison
posted Hide Post
I was in the same place a while back; RX Slide kits are impossible to find and if I milled my existing slide, I'd be stuck with the RDS. Just buy a gun with it already setup with the RDS.

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I voted buy a complete RX Compact for theses reasons...

As others have stated, the X-change kits are elusive. They are also pretty expensive. Not that much more and you have a second complete gun. If you really don't need another gun, you can recoup some cost by selling off a FCU, barrel, and grip and save the slide to have both options.

Secondly, Compact over full size due to you saying this is your EDC gun.

I have been a big fan of lasers over the years, but they do have their drawbacks as well. I think a RDS is a good option especially for those with older eyes.

I recently picked up a RX compact and while I originally expected ti to be "just" a range gun, I was surprised just how small the Romeo is. I am now looking for a holster for it or my just modify one of my current holsters to clear the RDS.

Finally, thanks for a chance at the Karma and let us know what you decide!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
If it were my situation, I would just go with the full size 320RX and leave it at that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I voted 320RX Compact. That way, should something break in the frame, you can swap the RX slide over to your EDC frame or vice-versa. And the current 320 can serve as a backup EDC for the RX, especially if you should decide to have that slide milled later on.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
P320RX Compact; complete gun. It’s a great little package for edc, but can use full-size mags for reloads. I use a Carry grip module for mine; only switching to the compact grip when the larger grip prints. The slide barely overhangs the sub-compact grip mod, giving you three grip options with the slide.

I don’t shoot any more accurately with the full-size slide than the Compact/Carry, plus I’m able to get back on target a little faster.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Get the P320RX Compact, complete gun. You can mess with grip modules, but still have a nice sized slide for carry. You may have an easier time finding a complete pistol, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna vote for full size!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
I voted for buying a new compact rx. The price of the conversion kit is almost as much as a new P320 rx. You would have two functioning guns, with the rx being range/home defense, and the regular P320 being a carry piece.

Have your cake, and eat it too.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'd buy the complete compact RX, but I'm lazy that way. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
None shall rule these lands without the strength of the IRON throne.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I voted complete full size as I like how the larger gun handles the sight better imho.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post