SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P07 gen 2. Who has one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P07 gen 2. Who has one? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I picked up an OD green one yesterday on a whim. Any upgrades I need to do? I’m aware of Cajun gun works. Mine has factory night sights. How do you like yours? Extended mags plates...? Any info or experiences welcomed.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have a P-07, what an excellent shooter. Put a set of Night Fision sights on it, and I really like them. Mine came with +2 base plates, but using them would defeat the purpose of a compact pistol.

Night Fision sights

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I picked up an OD green one yesterday on a whim. Any upgrades I need to do? I’m aware of Cajun gun works. Mine has factory night sights. How do you like yours? Extended mags plates...? Any info or experiences welcomed.

I have a couple, one 9mm & one in .40. About the only thing you need to upgrade is the firing pin retaining roll pin if you intend to dry fire it a lot without snap caps. After a number of dry fires on an empty chamber it will eat into that roll pin & beat it up so bad that you can't remove it. Cajun has a harder more robust roll pin to help in that area.

Lots of things you can do with the trigger t make it better (stock gun has a LOT of sear engagement so creep can be distracting. The P07 is an easy gun to get a great trigger pull on using Cajun parts & pieces.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added the CGW pro trigger kit. It comes with new firing pin and their roll pin if that matters. I changed front sight out to a Dawson FO. I really hate CZ’s whack job front dovetail. Other than the trigger it’s pretty good out of the box. Trigger wasn’t horrible either, it just wasn’t very good either.

For me, trigger job and better sights is all I plan on.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'd put a few hundred rounds through it as it sits, and see if you feel the need to make any changes.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have one. It’s a cool gun overall, but not one of my favorite 9mm’s. I haven’t had any failures, but the trigger, albeit light in SA mode, stacks and then breaks aaaaaall the way back, which has always irked me. Not a fan of the Omega system. Sights on mine are 3 dot luminova style. Not a fan of standard 3 dot sights as I like to dot the I or have a FO front and rear blacked out.

It’s accurate and I can shoot it fast though it would never replace my G17/19 for any role. The slide is actually difficult for me to press check from the front, something I rarely do though is no issue with any other gun I own. Regular slide manipulation is decent though less real estate vs traditional frame to rail position. The controls are nice though they do protrude more than I’d like and make the gun a little fatter than needed.

All that said, it’s a quality piece and should serve you well as it’s basically a service pistol so it’s good to go. Honestly the only thing I’d do would be to add a Talon grip maybe. You have night sights so no need to change unless you hate 3 dot like I do. May be best to send a few hundred down range before you decide what you like/dislike about it.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Have had one since 2015, no problems with it. I like the de-cocker lever setup of the P-01 (which I also have) and PCR (used to have) a little better, despite their not being ambidextrous; it is a little easier to manipulate.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I have one and like it quite a lot. I haven't done anything to mine besides shooting it. The trigger has improved a good bit, and probably will continue to do so. How do you like the factory night sights? That is the only thing I'm considering doing. I bought a Country Boy holster for it, and find it to be a great set-up.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuck5:
I have one and like it quite a lot. I haven't done anything to mine besides shooting it. The trigger has improved a good bit, and probably will continue to do so. How do you like the factory night sights? That is the only thing I'm considering doing. I bought a Country Boy holster for it, and find it to be a great set-up.
As far as 3 dot sights go, they are fine. I’m probably going to lightly black out the rear so the front sight stands out more.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post